Sep 24,2012
Sep 24,2012
Underwhelmed completely by this agent. My husband and I went to view a property today with them, we were the first of the appointments scheduled for this particular property for the day. Left the property after viewing (another person arrived to view it) and decided we wanted to take it. Phoned the office to tell them we\'d like to pay the deposit, the lady on the other end of the phone asked us if we had let the lady who\'d shown us the property know. We replied that we hadn\'t as she told us to call the office, which we were now doing. The lady then told us she would call us back as she was busy with clients.

My husband reiterated to her that we would like to take the property and as there was someone else looking at it, we wanted to make sure that we got the property. All seemed fine, she confirmed she would call us back and take the deposit.

An hour or so later, we received a call from them to say that the other people wanted the property so they gave our information to the landlord for the both of us (all they knew about us was that we were ready to move in three weeks as we\'ve sold our property and we are employed) and the landlord decided to go with the other couple. Even though we were assured that we were the first and the property was ours on our initial call.

When I enquired as to why this was, I was informed that it was because if they have a block of viewings on the property and they would all like it then they will let the landlord decide as it is the only fair way to do it. Even though the lady at Stuart and Partners had told us that we were the first to phone in and she\'d call back to take our deposit. I replied that I didn\'t understand why the landlord had been given both our details when we had clearly stated and were told that we would take the property? To which they said the other viewing was booked in before us so they had priority?

I asked if that was the case then why weren\'t we informed of that on the initial call to book the viewing, or when we were discussing the actual terms and conditions and fees with the person who showed us round? I also pointed out to them that if they are carrying out a block of viewings on a property and all interested viewee\'s details are passed onto the landlord to choose, then why did we - when going to view another property with Stuart and Partners, literally in the car on the way there (we live 25 minutes away) receive a call to say the property has gone as someone has just paid a deposit? This was a very similar situation, whereby there was a block of viewings. Surely we should have been allowed to view the property if that is what she was stating and our details been passed onto the landlord for them to choose?

Something screams to me that this company is completely unprofessional, one rule for one, one rule for another.

Very, very disappointed with them.
Perhaps explained their viewing criteria upon making the booking with them, before wasting our time. Telling us when we viewed the property that there were others viewing it and that all our details would be passed onto the landlord to decide.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Stuart & Partners Office 1! To leave a new review of Stuart & Partners Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Stuart & Partners Office 1