Sep 24,2012
Sep 24,2012
John Payne let and managed my property for four years. I live overseas so it was important that my property management company be responsive, clear, communicative and convey some sense that they were acting on my behalf. I wish I could say that John Payne did any or all of this. Starting from poorly wriiten, woolly and misspelt emails that merely repeated some platitudinous formula, to complete disinterest interest in representing the landlord\'s interests - John Payne did it all. A good example is John Payne lettings manager Sarah Reeder\'s insistence that some furniture was "already broken" according to the second or third set of tenants in the house. When asked why the inventory didn\'t record that and which tenant broke it (the previous or the current), John Payne neither knew nor cared. While I was always willing to countenance and deal with normal wear and tear (as well as accidents, which can happen, even if a tenant is being as careful as possible) John Payne\'s management of the property was so poor that I was constantly left feeling shortchanged. The last tenant that John Payne managed for me had the following items showing as missing/need doing on the check-out inventory:

minor cleaning missed in many rooms

Black railing gate handle - reported maintenance

but John Payne was unwilling to help address this.
All in all, anything one asked them was always too much trouble. I was left feeling as if I were being unreasonable in expecting my property management company to MANAGE the property rather than simply take the fees I paid them every month. I would not recommend John Payne.
They could have actually managed the property rather than behaving as if every request was an imposition They could have been responsive, clear and communicative They could have behaved in a way that suggested they were acting in the landlord\'s interests rather than in that of the tenants

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of John Payne Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of John Payne Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for John Payne Lettings Office 1