Sep 21,2012
Sep 21,2012
I have rented with 5 different letting agencies in the past and i have NEVER experienced such a NIGHTMARE experience from Linley & Simpson! The year my partner and i rented with them was the worst year of our lives.
When we arrived at the property on moving day, they hadnt arranged a cleaner to come to the property which was an absolute disgrace! When i called the Roundhay office they assured me that a cleaner HAD been in the property, so they lied to us because it was so disgusting that we refused to move in and demanded that they put us up in a different property until our house was suitable for a human to live in. After many hours of negotiating with the office team, they agreed they would put us up in another property redecorate and thoroughly clean the property, and also get the locks changed (they had let the previous tennants leave without giving their keys back so we had to get the locks changed). These works went on for 1 week and when we finally moved in it had been given a new coat of paint upstairs only, the basment hadnt changed, it was filthy with broken blinds, mucky walls and floor.
The furniture that came with the property was mostly broken and of horrible taste. The bed they had left for us in the property was so filthy i actually thought it had bed bugs and had to get someone to come and spray it. We ended up sleeping on the floor that night and bought our own bed the next day.
Linley & Simpson came to do an inspection only once during our 1 year tenancy, and didnt even warn us by letter or text, they just rocked up at the door one day.
We then discovered mould beginning to grow on the walls and in cupboards which was reported at the inspection, noone came to do anything about it for a few months and by this time it was starting to grow on our belongings and i actually had to throw alot of things away. I have photos on my phone of proof of how disgusting it was.
Our families wouldnt come over very often because it was so horrid.
When we vacated the property they charged us around £160.00 for Re-decoration, Cleaning, A broken leg on one of the wardrobes. I was absolutley gobsmacked that they were charging us for these things which were never right in the first instance. They kept saying that i should of written things on the inventory if they were not right, which i did!
Linley & Simpson overall are money grabbers and run by monkeys.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Linley and Simpson Roundhay! To leave a new review of Linley and Simpson Roundhay, please click the link below !
Write a review for Linley and Simpson Roundhay