Sep 20,2012
Sep 20,2012
My overall score of \'poor\' reflects a number of involvements with Ludlow Thompson over the year I dealt with them:

- Very complicated emails asking for references, with too many varying fonts, colours, sizes - make it incredibly hard to read rather than focusing on what is important (whcih I assume was the intention). (In fact this feedback page is a bit like that too)

- Only two sets of keys were handed to us when we moved in, leaving one tenant without keys. This was very bad preparation, and we had to spend a few weeks chasing up with landlord in order to get a third key cut via the council.

- We amended the inventory/check-in report, with agreement from LC Inventories and sent it to both Jibby Philip and Sarah Pinfold, yet when we moved out the old (incorrect) version was used by Ludlow for the check-out.

I was particularly unhappy with Jibby\'s service when we were organising replacement of tenants before the end of our tenancy contract:

- When I first phoned him he patronisingly asked why I was moving out of such a lovely flat early, before he even knew which property I was talking about. I asked him if he knew which one it was and he named a different property. Not sure what this tactic was meant to achieve?

- He incorrectly told me that the new tenants would have to pay a full admin fee of £728, which made it very hard for us to find tenants willing to pay this, holding us back from moving out when we wanted. Once we had found tenants willing to pay this, I was told by Barrie Ford that it would actually only cost £360.

- He got quite angry on the phone with me about our landlord being inefficient and difficult. Clearly this was nothing to do with me and in fact I was very inconvenienced by it too.

I later had a great deal of contact with Barrie Ford who in general I found to be very helpful and provided good service. When he could see the urgency of our problem he made an effort to try to hurry things along and give me regular updates. Towards the end he chased up our landlord which was really going beyond the call of duty and I really apprecaited this. Barrie had a good sense of humour when dealing with the tricky aspects of our contract change. He was generally clear about what was required though could perhaps have provided a step-by-step list from the beginning to give me more assurance, and was often hard to get hold of/did not reply to emails/calls as quickly as I\'d have hoped. I\'m sure he was very busy though so perhaps there was little that could be done to improve this.

I think overall Ludlow Thompson need to work on their consistency - being told different fees from Jibby then Barrie, and later from Barrie\'s supervisor Kirsty then Barrie again made me doubt the reliability and always felt there was probably some hidden cost around the corner. If staff do not know the answer to a question they should feel confident to admit they do not know and go to find out (the correct, consistant answer), rather than misleading customers.

Finally, we were very happy with the check-out report service from Ivita, who was friendly and reasonable.

In future, I\'m afraid I\'d try to stay clear of a property being let by Ludlow Thompson, since the admin fee was unreasonably high and certainly did not reflect the quality of service I received. When I asked my housemates if they had anything to add, they very much reiterated my opinions.
This question doesn\'t even make sense - would you use the agent again? Recommend or Disapprove? I think this just exemplifies the bizarre communication skills of Ludlow Thompson. To win me around you\'d have had to be polite, efficient and concerned. Barrie did a great job but my earlier experiences were too bad to be overcome. Why would I want to pay a fee to feature my review?!
Sep 21, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave the above feedback.

Ludlowthompson strive to provide the best possible customer service so we are very disappointed that you feel the service provided was not satisfactory.

We would really appreciate the opportunity to look into the issues raised above and investigate your complaint further.

Please could we ask you to contact

Finally we would just like to apologise for any inconvenience this matter has caused to yourself.

Kind regards

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Oval

(Oval Office/Branch)12 Clapham Road Lambeth, London