“Pinch of salt...”

Jan 10,2019
By: 'SellerInSE16'
Jan 10,2019
I went to Alex Neil in Jan 2018 to sell my one bedroom flat, they found a buyer 3 months later but the sale collapsed in July 2018. I stuck with Alex Neil but they did little to advertise my flat after that and would keep telling me the same 2 things;

"We are the best in the area"
"You need to lower the price"

I lowered the price 3 times by a total of 40,000 pounds from their starting valuation but the advert just sank to the bottom of searches due to time on the market; they did not remove it when it got the first accepted offer, which would have allowed for it to be reset on ranking lists.

By the end of October, after giving them chances to put more effort into advertising I left them asking them to take down my flat from their website and third party websites. I had to chase them up 2 weeks later to get it removed from the third party websites but now more than 2 months later they are still advertising my flat on their website despite them having no chance of giving viewings.

They are also sending me status reports saying that they have been doing viewings at my flat, giving me names of supposed people and potential feedback.

Overall I was unimpressed with the efforts that Alex Neil put into advertising my flat over the 10 months they had it and I think you have to take what they say and have on their website with a pinch of salt as you may be looking online at flats that they cannot show you and as a seller, you may be being told about viewings that never actually happened and all the while you will be told "we are the best, you need to lower the price of your flat to sell it"
Standard fees on completion, no complaints on the terms.
By: Alex Neil Estate Agents
Jan 10, 2019
Dear SellerInSE16,

We are very sorry you have felt the need to leave this review, if you can provide more details it will allow us to investigate any issues and offer a response.

If you would like to supply further information including your name and the property address to headoffice@alexneil.com we will respond in due course.

Best regards,