Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Sep 19,2012
Sep 19,2012
I rented my my flat for over two years with Northwood. One first impressions the staff were very helpful and friendly and the flat was really nice. Three weeks of having moved into the flat scaffolding was erected over the entire building for roofing works which we were not informed of while viewing the flat. The works continued for 3 months and were distruptive, very noisy and actually caused water damage to the flat and some of my belongings. Northwood didn\'t see that it was important to tell us of the works before we signed the lease. After two years we wanted to terminate our contract, so we contacted them to give notice. Unknown to us that the contract was a fixed contact with still another 6 months on it. We had to pay £330 to re-advertise the flat with the agency and this was our only choice to leave the flat early. When they found new tenants we were given a weeks notice to be out of the flat. As we checked out on the 9th and gave the keys back we were told we would pay rent on the flat till the 13th even though we had no access to the flat. On the 18th I had contacted them about a parcel which should have arrived at the flat and it was only then we were told that the new tenants application was delayed and that we will be paying rent now until the 28th of the month. They deny any wrong doing even though we are a few hundred out of pocket. I also lost my parcel because they had taken the post office missed parcel card and lost it and again they deny any wrong doing and I won\'t be compensated for the loss of the parcel.
Also on check out the huge pack of photos of the flat, that were taken over 2 years previous were brought out and every one checked with the flat. We were told that the oven (even though it was clean) wasn\'t sparkling like it was brand new and we would be charged £12 for them to have it cleaned. Ok, not great but fine. When we got the bill we were charged £20 without being told. It is small petty things like that which really have upset me the most as they are thoughtless and selfish and completely rude. We left the flat in better condition then when we moved in as we painted the second bedroom white ourselves (with permission) as it was bright blue with a dark blue carpet which was nasty. We never missed any payments and had no complaints from neighbours. If decent tenants are being treated like this from Northwood, you can only imagine how bad they really can be. I will never deal with them again and would recommend that anyone wishing to rent with them to find another company.
By: AD
Sep 19, 2012
My experience with Northwood Edinburgh is very similar to yours- they are dishonest on every level. I even contacted one of the tenant protection bodies that they advertised to be members of on their website-as their practices contravined their code of practice -only to discover they were not and had never been members. I was misled by them and am still angry about the way I was treated.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Northwood Edinburgh! To leave a new review of Northwood Edinburgh, please click the link below !
Write a review for Northwood Edinburgh