“Disgraceful...”

Jan 04,2019
By: 'A.T.'
Jan 04,2019
I feel it is disgraceful that Purple bricks are allowed to advertise as "Purple bricks do everything for you". It is also concerning that they remove negative trust pilot reviews making their company seem fantastic. We feel absolutely misled into using them. Helpful to start with but as soon as you hand over your money don't expect any service from them whatsoever. I have been through the complaints process regarding numerous issues. Despite the territory manager informing me not to go ahead with the complaint as I wouldn't receive a single penny back I did receive 37% of my fee back and they did at least admit that service was "below there usual standard". The thing that got to me the most about this company was the attitude of the territory manager, Jeremy Jones. I can only assume his job was to phone me to resolve the complaint but in actual fact made the situation a whole lot worse. I am so upset with comments such as "the reason your house hasn't got any viewings is it is unattractive!". Disgusting they feel it is acceptable to take your money, provide no service, then speak to you in that tone. What a difference in service now we are using a real Estate Agent (Strakers).
Their fees would be fantastic if you are lucky enough to sell. However you must remember you pay the fee in advance. So when they go non existent after you've handed over your money and you have no choice but to go elsewhere you are effectively paying estate agent fees twice. So in reality they are a very expensive mistake
By: Laura Hamblin
Jan 07, 2019
I have had a similar experience with Purple Bricks. They were very keen before signing up with them, ringing nearly every day but when their sign went up, no viewings, a call once a week at best. Tried to end the agreement and they charged us £1300 to break the contract even though they had not done any viewings. I spoke to an adviser who lodged my complaint but the area manager never telephoned. My TruePilot review got removed. Appalling.

Purplebricks