Sep 18,2012
Sep 18,2012
Awful. When my partner and I found ourselves suddenly without a home after a house sale that had been dragging on for months suddenly completed, Clara at City Quays must have seen pound signs flash before her eyes.

She advised us to pay rent in advance, saying that it is the only way a landlord would accept us because my partner was unemployed at the time, even though I was full-time employed and my partner had savings to pay his rent until he could find a job. We hadn\'t found anywhere else we could move in to as quickly and Clara assured us that because they are ARLA registered, our money would be secure.

We paid a ridiculous amount of money to ensure that we were good tenants, and yet nobody bothered to check that our landlord was good and that he was actually able to rent to us. A few months down the line, we had a letter through the door saying that our landlord was facing repossession because he had broken the terms of his social housing agreement and mortgage by renting to us. We contacted the agent, they were no help whatsoever. They offered us no advice, no support, and said that they told landlords that they had to be legally able to rent property. Told. Not forced to go through a very expensive background check, just told.

We made an official complaint about the way that they had treated us and received no reply. We are pushing this complaint as far as we can.
By: karma
Oct 28, 2012

Clara, Property Consultant

"Our sweet yet feisty Welsh girl loves being busy (as long as she has her cup of tea). When she’s not in the office you can find her at home with her fluffy fat cat & a glass(or two) of wine. A great addition to the City Quays family!
By: A
Oct 25, 2012
Haha, I love these comments! Clearly from a member of staff. Metro Village / City Quays are two names for the same company - I know this because I almost rented from them and all the forms and contracts had both titles on them. They were utterly incompetent, unethical, and flat-out liars at some points. I had to threaten them with the Property Ombudsman to get my money back when they broke our contract. Clara and Catherine dealt with me, and both were horrendous.
By: JoD
Oct 02, 2012
I think the person you are referring to is based a company called Metro Village! Horrendouse attitude probems in that office. Anybody would think their staff had been selected from the streets with no sense of manorism what so ever!
By: lolo
Oct 02, 2012
Hi, when was this? because Clara does not work for City Quays.
By: lolo
Oct 02, 2012
Hi - Clara is not a city quays employee. When did liase with her?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of City Quays Rotherline London! To leave a new review of City Quays Rotherline London, please click the link below !
Write a review for City Quays Rotherline London