Sep 18,2012
Sep 18,2012
I\'ve rented my property for 26 months so far and had nothing but problems since Day 1. When I viewed the property I was told that the white goods were included in the rent, when I moved in I found no white goods. I had to go out and buy fridge/freezer and washing machine, an unexpected cost I couldn\'t really afford. On the day I moved in my 4 year old daughter trod on a bit of glass in the bedroom and cut her foot, I later found more glass in the wardrobe and discovered the glass panel above the bedroom door was smashed, this wasn\'t on the inventory.
Various things have gone wrong since living here including the boiler breaking last winter, myself and my children endured weeks with no heating or hot water because Beals couldn\'t get their ar*e into gear to fix it.
Since then I have reported, time and time again, various problems with the house. Windows locks that have broken off, door knobs that fall off in our hands (every door in the house) twice my children got stuck in their rooms and I had to call a neighbour in to take the entire doorknob off to get the children out. Imagine if there had been a fire!
A broken toilet seat, the shower leaking and water pouring through the ceiling, the water in the 2nd bathroom being scolding hot even with the cold turned on full. The dishwasher that was supplied not even working. The front door lock broke entirely in the middle of the night leaving us unable to shut our front door. Instead of risking my contents being stolen while waiting for Beals to respond, I called in an emergency locksmith and forwarded the bill and old lock on to Beals for reimbursement, 7 months later I\'m still waiting for my £119 back. My contract states I have to ask before decorating any room in the house, I have asked and asked and never get a reply, so have been leaving with the grotty and badly done decoration that was done before I began living here. I could go on, and on and on.
Every phone call I make, I get told that they will get back to me, they never do. If I write emails, they ignore them. I know they\'re reading them as I send read receipts.

The worst bit is that once every three months they write to me to tell me they\'re coming to inspect the property to make sure I am looking after the property!!! Some of these inspections Beals have turned up very late, leaving me out of pocket as I\'ve taken time off my self employed work to be there when they inspect the property. On numerous occasions, the agent has walked in and literally walked out again, barely even checking the house. On my last inspection, the agent stayed for 45 minutes, instead of the 10-15 minutes it says on their paperwork because he wanted to chat to me about his hobby and get any tips from me he could!! When he did inspect the house, he pointed out to me how tatty the house was looking, things that are the landlord\'s responsibility and the 2 cobwebs I had failed to clean!
This agent is a joke. They do nothing at all to make the tenant\'s life any easier but continue to charge a ridiculous amount of rent for a property that isn\'t up to scratch, as well as an admin of £75 to renew my tenancy agreement every six months. Oh and I almost forgot to mention the £117.50 of my money they are holding, and gaining interest on, just incase I am not there to let servicemen in when they make appointments.

If you are thinking of dealing with Beals in any capacity, please please think again. I can\'t see how any good can ever come from it. I am not the only person that is giving them a terrible review and we can\'t all be wrong. In fact, my two sisters have also rented from Beals in the past and both of them had similar experiences to me, and lost most of their deposits upon leaving the property due to Beals fabricating the truth. It really is all about the money for them.
By: Elelgee
Feb 19, 2013
I have had an almost identical experience with beals Southampton. A house nowhere near up to scratch, and 5 months later nothing done. No smoke alarms, rubbish from last tenants, holes in the floor... Been living with no boiler since last week, and just keep getting "we'll call you back". My landlord lives abroad but the only way i can even get any response from them is texting his phone - at cost to both of us. Their customer service is disgusting, you just feel constantly fobbed off because they can't be bothered.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Beals Independent Sales and Letting Agents Office 2! To leave a new review of Beals Independent Sales and Letting Agents Office 2, please click the link below !
Write a review for Beals Independent Sales and Letting Agents Office 2