Sep 17,2012
Sep 17,2012
My girlfriend last autumn bought a flat through the Sloane Square branch. They were efficient, if slightly parasitic, right up until sale was agreed. Then the phones went dead. Every problem she needed help with was ignored by the agent, it was as if they had never met us.
Its Foxtons however, you know what these guys are all about, so we laughed it off.

Over the past few months Foxtons have been acting as agent for the flat beneath us (town house, shares our front door). We heard them showing a couple round the flat on a Sunday last month around 9pm. The next morning when I left for work, the front door was wide open. The genius estate agent hadn\'t bothered to shut the door, so it stood open all night. Our post had been rifled through, and some of it stolen. The police said that unless we could pinpoint exactly what had been stolen, we couldn\'t file a complaint. We called Foxtons Sloane Square to explain that what they had done was unacceptable (not to mention moronic - we live in full view of a huge estate), and they denied having given a viewing the previous night! We knew that they had because the owner of the flat had kindly let us know, so we let Foxtons dig their hole, flat out lie for five minutes, before we told the girl on the phone that we knew for a fact it was them.

Last Tuesday the same thing happened again, this time at a 2pm viewing. We returned home after work, and the front door was wide open!! And guess what... at first they tried to deny they had given a viewing!

The morals here - Foxtons are prepared to lie, and they are incompetent. I have never interacted with a business that values its clients, and people generally, with such disdain. If there was something I could do to bring action against these clowns I would. As it is, I would advise genuine caution when dealing with these guys.
Do not leave our front door open all night. Do not abandon customers after transaction completed.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Foxtons Sloan Square! To leave a new review of Foxtons Sloan Square, please click the link below !
Write a review for Foxtons Sloan Square