Sep 14,2012
Sep 14,2012
Have had my property with this Agent for ten years and trusted that they would do a good job. The properties has been let at well below market rates and remains so for several years despite repeated requests to have the rent increased.

It is not clear why this has been the case.

No reason has yet been given as to why. The agent appears to have had the interest of the tenant uppermost in their priorities.

They provide no standard condition monitoring for the properties and do not take much notice of rent review periods.
The inventory control has been poor and several items missing.

Work carried out by Tradesmen are not monitored for quality.

It is clear that until recently they have had little or no interest in Lettings and has only adopted this since the lack of lending has not seen the expected up turn in Property Sales.

It is clear that this agent is not a Lettings specialist.

When they discovered that I had begin to notice how poorly they sought to manage my properties - they then engaged into a systematic campaign to obfuscate their evident incompetence - by bullying me into repair work which was not affordable [which they also clearly take a cut from].

I have never had any 3rd Party invoice for work done and it is clear that work which has been paid for was not carried out or carried poorly.

When demising tenants left - much of the damage incurred was not taken account until the they had had their deposit returned at which point I was bullied into replacing.

WB then openly said they would not support any retention of deposit despite insisting that the damage costs were necessary.

There are a number of other similar and egregious incompetences which can not just be put down to "incompetence" and I will be forced to pursue a serious complaint to have these anomalies resolved.

I would strongly urge others to use others to find Lettings specialists.
To compensate me for the losses incurred on the under valuing of rental valuation which is still occurring because of the low start points. To start a systematic regime of condition reporting. To reduce there management rates to take account of the obvious incompetences.
By: Neil
Sep 17, 2012
Dear Woolfie,
As a Director of Wilkinson Byrne You can imagine that the contents of your post do not sit well with me or indeed any of the other Directors. I will be investigating the points you have raised in the hope that issues like this are avoided in the future.
Wilkinson Byrne have been Sales and Letting agents in North London since the original office was formed in Bounds Green. Both offices are members of ARLA NAEA and the Ombudsman and have been for some considerable time and are very experienced in Lettings generally. Our staff have very good experience of the Lettings market not only in Bounds Green and Turnpike Lane but in much of North London. Since the company formed all those years ago we have built a strong management protfolio that has grown year on year. Two years ago our dedicated "Managemnet Office" was formed above our Sales and Lettings Office in Turnpike Lane in order to deal with all of the management Portfolio from both offices in one place.
1. Rent reviews are not uncommon at Wilkinson Byrne and at the end of each tenancy or upon the renewal of a tenancy agreement the rental figure is always considered. In our opinion a rent review is warranted if the market conditions dictate or indeed if the property warrants it (i.e in terms of condition etc)
2. Our tradesmen/women are qualified and trustworthy in our opinion and landlords are always consulted before any works are carried out in order to firstly get their opinion on the quote and also give them the option of using their own tradesmen/women. We feel this is transparent.
3. Quarterly inspections are carried out on property that we manage by the managemnet team at Turnpike Lane, there are often things that need to be addressed and these things are reported to the landlord after the inspections. It is then up to the landlord whether they choose to have these things addressed and reparired either by us or themselves. Again we can gather quotes on request. We are mindful that constant property maintenance can be hard for landords financiallly and in some situations reported repairs are not taken care of imediately due to the funds not being available from the landlord. When futher damage occurs due to this we can not be held responsible. We always seek to report problems to the landlord as soon as rthey are reported either by telephone or email.
Although we strive to keep all of our landlords completely happy it can not be denied that in some cases there are issues; this is the nature of our business. It is frustrating not knowing the I.D of a complainant yet the reason we are memebers of this site is to gather feedback in order for us to try and improve business and customer relations. I would invite you to contact me on by email to discuss matters further but if not then what I will assure you is that I will be speaking to the relevant department and office regarding the contents of your post in order to try and ensure there are improvements made.

Yours sincerely

Neil Connor
neil@wilkinsonbyrne .com

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Wilkinson Byrne Estate Agents Green Lanes! To leave a new review of Wilkinson Byrne Estate Agents Green Lanes, please click the link below !
Write a review for Wilkinson Byrne Estate Agents Green Lanes