“AVOID AVOID AVOID CHASE EVANS...”

Nov 27,2018
By: 'Disappointed1'
Nov 27,2018
Having rented in London for many years, Chase Evans has easily been the worst experience I have had with an agent. I regret having given them any benefit of any doubt, and I would recommend any prospective landlord or tenant to stay away.

First, the letting agent lied repeatedly about the status of construction on the property. "It will definitely be done within a month" we were told, yet the construction site had only expanded by the time we moved out a year later. Lesson - get everything in writing and get a clause in the contract lowering rent if their hopeful guesses don't work out.

Second, they repeatedly let contractors into the property without authority or supervision. Lesson - stay away from Chase Evans.

Third, they took over two months to get us a list of deposit deductions at the end of tenancy. Truly outrageous. Lesson - send a notice requesting the deposit on the day your tenancy ends, and follow up 10 days later with a formal dispute with Mydeposits. Lesson - I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they would do their job. That was a mistake.

Fourth, the inventory report is likely to be materially wrong. Ensure that you read the Attic Inventory report closely and take your own pictures. The report was riddled with errors, including items that were not in the flat and damage that was not noted. I caught a lot during my initial review, including NAILS IN THE WALLS and broken light fittings, but there were a number I missed, which they then deducted at check out. There were also phantom items in the report, which were never in the apartment and do not appear in any pictures. This has caused real headaches. Lesson - supervise the check in report and take many pictures, of everything.

Fifth, and anecdotally, our landlord had a second agent visit the property while we were there. Apparently Chase Evans had been giving bad advice to the landlord, and they were moving to replace them. Good to know the problems are not just on the tenant side.

I am just so angry at how this was handled. I have never had to look into formal complaints before, but will be seriously considering making an exception in this case.
Not worth it for the service.

Chase Evans