Sep 12,2012
Sep 12,2012
I was in a managed property being managed by Foxton\'s. When I actually wanted anything, they never got back to me. I ended up having to find out the details of what I wanted on my own. I also found them to be very inflexible. The problems really started when i handed in my notice the terms of the contract stated that they should be able to access the flat for viewings within a reasonable time agreed by both parties, they continually came around with little or no notice, sometimes letting themselves in the flat when I wasn\'t there, sometimes letting themselves in when I was preparing to go to work.. Instead of organizing viewings so that a number of people would come around at the same time, or within 15 minutes of each other to minimize disruption I had at least 6 or 7 agents call at various times over the notice period each one with their own agenda and non of them speaking each other to try to co-ordinate viewings. This meant that sometimes, I would have up to 3 of their agents coming around on the same day at various times to suit themselves rather than any one else. When it came to deposit I was charged £480. Bear in mind I have rented around London for over 13 years and have lived in 7 - 8 properties and have never had any deposit deductions. The £480 amounted to £270 for professional cleaning (even though I was told that a company was going in anyway and not to bother as I would be wasting my time) £150 for an "inventory" and £60 for a "damaged" thermostat (The RAW plus that attached it to the wall was loose out of the wall when I moved in and just needed filling and re-setting.
They also charged £270 to sign a bog standard "short term lettings agreement" contract which could be downloaded straight from the internet.
I would urge anyone looking to rent not to use Foxton\'s.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Foxtons Muswell Hill! To leave a new review of Foxtons Muswell Hill, please click the link below !
Write a review for Foxtons Muswell Hill