Sep 10,2012
Sep 10,2012
I moved out of a rented apartment at the Start of June. I\'ve always paid my rent and on bills on time and treated like my own.

I have has every excuse for not paying my deposit back and I realise that I will not get one penny of my £1200 back and the same goes for my flat mate with his £1200. They will deduct every penny for one reason or another, cleaning, check out, bills you have never heard of before, Every trick in the book and its all in the contract . Legalised Theft.

Both me and my flat mate are good reasonable, honest, professional people who mistakenly thought that by renting from a big company we would be ensuring we where well looked after and respected But believe me behind all the glossy adverts and suits and smiles they will rip you off, take what they can. and they don\'t give a shit. again they really to not give a shit. Like the Galliard family in "shameless". I wish I had never ever moved into one of there properties and will never again and I would warn anyone who considers buying or rent to beware, they are skilled at what they do and do it well.

Read the reviews about buyers loosing there deposits when the property market dropped and could not complete because the property was not worth that Gallairds where charging. another family destroyed. time and time again.

Or the tenant loosing deposits because of stupid charges.
By: Robert Miller
Mar 21, 2013
We had the exactly same issue in a flat in Drayton Park, North London (Arsenal). they deduce £1250 because they didnt do a checking before we move in.

Terrible experience with this useless agency. Galliard must be one of the most dodgy agencies in London - it's certainly the worst I've ever dealt with. Staff have an extremely poor attitude and they are really unprofessional, and only care about getting your money for ridicules things.

We paid a private professional cleaning company before vacate the property because the Galliard one charge more than private Doctor to safe your life, even though you hired your own private cleaning company according to Galliard isn't good enough so they will try to charge you for they own cleaners, When we move to property in the first place all the furniture, dinning chairs and in general the flat was in disgusting conditions, I asked them if their professional cleaners cleaned the flat before we move in and they said yes!!!!! so I reckon that is other tactic to steal your money because their own cleaners are incompetents like in general this stated agency.

Be prepared to be ignored for a long time if you have any maintenance issues to report, and don't be surprised if they let themselves into your flat without asking for permission first. Even their contractors have lost all respect for them. & if you have any problem to fix something in the flat that probably is your responsibility, they will try to charge you as many times they can because apparently they don't even have records of payments from your part if was the other way round please don't doubt it they will have the record.

Please run away from this company as soon as you can, they are a professional thieves.
By: Clare
Nov 22, 2012
Just going through exactly the same thing with Galliard. They've charged us for a ridiculous amount of things including furniture that was broken by the contract cleaners that they recommended we use. Apparently the cleaners word is more reliable than the tenants and therefore we have to pay for items they broke. I'd advise anyone renting in a Galliard flat to make sure they are present for both the professional clean and the inventory check out to try and minimise the amount they will charge you for.
By: Galliard Residential
Oct 09, 2012
Dear Galliard Tenant

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We take all our tenant’s comments seriously and hope that with further information, we can work to resolve the issues contained in your post.

Our tenants deposits are strictly governed by the TDS, a scheme designed to ensure the return of deposit is fair and reasonable. We are therefore concerned that you feel you have been treated otherwise, and that the issues you have raised do not reflect our usual high standards. We would therefore be very grateful if you could email us on providing your name and the address of the property you have recently vacated so that we may be able to investigate this further and clearly explain the reasons for any dilapidations from your deposit.

Yours sincerely

Galliard Residential Customer Relations
By: Paul London
Sep 14, 2012
I have had the same experience with them.The most unprofessional company I have used. They seem to treat deposits as there own money. They seem so desperate to get as much money are possible from you I wonder about their own financial stability as a company. Are they an Irish company? I wonder how much exposure they had to the Irish property market.
By: simon
Sep 13, 2012
Thanks for this very helpful. Just viewed a property in South London and will not be moving in

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Life Residential Clapham Road! To leave a new review of Life Residential Clapham Road, please click the link below !
Write a review for Life Residential Clapham Road