“Ascend are only interested in your money...”

Nov 13,2018
Matthew
Suzanne
By: 'Sarah'
Nov 13,2018
Myself and my fellow tenant have had multiple issues with Ascend properties from the moment we signed the contract. The first being Ascend losing the funds I had transferred to them before moving in. This was extremely stressful as Ascend said we would not be able to move into the property. It turned out that a staff member had put the money into the wrong account.
Throughout the tenancy, several issues had to be raised but nobody from Ascend could assist in having these resolved. The Check-out report even mentioned issues that I had raised several times to Ascend but with no resolution.
At the end of the tenancy, myself and my fellow tenant worked a full day to clean the flat. Despite this effort, we lost a fair portion of our deposit, including a Referencing Fee which we weren't informed of! To top it off, due to a typo in the email that included our deposit amount we actually got even less of our deposit back than we were expecting. This was an issue that Matthew in particular didn't seem to care about, even though it was him that made the typo.
Do not use Ascend properties, there are cheaper and more efficient letting agents in the area!
Ridiculously expensive! We used Reeds Rains when we moved and the fees were half the amount we paid with Ascend.

Ascend Properties