“Awful experience, very unprofessional...”

Nov 02,2018
By: 'Matilda'
Nov 02,2018
I had a phone call from Purple Bricks less than 48 hours prior to my tenant's move in date, asking if I'd 'heard the update' and casually mentioned that they were no longer moving in due to 'being arrested.' There was no further explanation or advise on what to do next which I found very disheartening. I was told on the phone that if the tenancy agreement had been countersigned by the agency that I would potentially be entitled to some compensation for the expense of loss of rental income. The agency and the tenants had in fact both signed the agreement- signing within it that a deposit of (the amount) had been taken and stored. The agents later told me that they hadn't actually taken a deposit at all, even two days prior to the agreement starting when they accepted the flat two month before. They made a point of ignoring all my correspondence until I found myself contacting senior management, who insisted that they didn't breach the contract at all and I would not be able to claim a deposit or the month's rent I'd lost out on on the basis that they didn't ask the tenants to pay one. Very rude and defensive in their manor and handled extremely unprofessionally. Definitely would advise against using them.

Purplebricks