“Unprofessional Jokers...”

Nov 01,2018
By: 'Grasmere'
Nov 01,2018
The person who came out to show us the property, was actually really good - a very good start.
However, I emailed them on numerous occasions - never once did they respond to my emails.
So we didn't lose the property, I got my elderly parents to complete the forms and scan back to me (they live out of town) - this was not a quick and easy exercise. They wanted to move closer to me.

I even came down to the office on Saturday and handed in my tenancy agreement and guarantor form, inc. copies of wage slips etc. I asked them, why they didn't respond to my emails and the response was "Oh yes, sorry - we received the forms"!

The lady in the office, promised that they will be in touch asap - after checking with the landlord.
Rang them again on Tuesday for any news - they said they will be in touch by the weekend - never heard anything.

BTW - they still have never emailed me anything - no acknowledgment, nothing!

Now, checked the property listing and it says "Let agreed".

If they had no plans "to let" to me - then they should be up front and not ignore correspondence.

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.
Luckily I hadn't paid any.
By: Joanne Carrington
Nov 03, 2018
We were very concerned to receive the above review and have investigated matters thoroughly. The applicants were notified via email however it is now apparent that the email for whatever reason had not been delivered.

We have now changed our company policy and in future we will no longer notify unsuccessful applicants via email but will ensure that we speak to them personally so that this situation does not arise again.

With regards to fees, unlike other agents we do not take any application fees until the application has been accepted by the Landlord and we are confident that the referencing will be successful.

We hope this Gentleman has been able to find suitable accommodation for his parents, and we wish them all the very best for the future.

The Carrington Partnership