Sep 06,2012
Sep 06,2012
Based on my recent experience, Relocate-me is an UTTER JOKE. I was looking for a 2 bedroom flat to rent in King\'s Cross area and saw this amazing penthouse advertised in The Right Move as a FURNISHED 2 bedrooms property to let for £475 per week.

First contact over the phone was an indication of what was to come; the receptionist clearly didn\'t have any communication skills nor phone manners and at some point I thought I was phoning a private household instead of a lettings agency. However, at that stage the only thing I had in mind was to find out if the property was still available and if I could view it asap. She didn\'t seem to know anything about the property and after an awkward silence, somehow, someone else took on and we arranged a viewing.

The agent seems nice and polite but very casually presented and although we should never judge anyone for their appearance, when it comes to lettings agents or any traders or sales professionals, presentation is fundamental to inspire trust. In this case, I have to say I couldn\'t get my head around it (especially since I\'ve been seeing quite a few properties introduced by very well presented and polished agents) and preferred to focus on the property.

Amazing property, all the features I was looking for and for a moment I forgot about the agent. Not for long though: he wasn\'t sure what furnitures were from the property or from the current tenants; he didn\'t know the approx. council tax charges, wasn\'t sure about the water supplier and was very vague when I asked him who would be the first contact in case of any issues in the property, the agency or the landlord. He didn\'t reply straight away when I asked who would draw the contract either.

Still, after viewing more properties that day, I decided to consider making an offer for this one and arranged a second viewing the following day. The agent eventually found out that the only furnitures provided by the landlady would be a sofa and 2 chairs¢â‚¬Â¦the flat was advertised as furnished! He say that I could ask for more furnitures anyway. He sent me official and dated documents such as a RESERVATION FEE RECEIPT of 2 weeks of rent £950 with clear informations of the rent pw and pcm, a Tenant Information Form and a list of requirements once the application is successful.

The agency charges £450 + £95 VAT in admin fee!!!! I asked the breakdown of this fee and the agent simply said \'agency\'s policy.

Still, I didn\'t want to miss out on this flat and we arranged a meeting for the following day at their premises to sort everything out, reservation, paperworks etc... When I arrived there, he said that he had spoken with the landlady and that the flat had been revalued and that she now wanted £500 per week for the property!!?? Revalued, in one day????He didn\'t even have the time to blink that I was already gone.

Why didn\'t he call me before I went there? Well, more of the same really, just another demonstration of how I should\'ve trusted my gut instinct and how first impressions should never be ignored.

Edgy, dodgy, unprofessional, incompetent and A MUST-AVOID AGENCY.
By: Relocate Me Agent
Jan 23, 2013
The review above is a work of complete fiction. Not only did the viewing and offer process not unfold as described above, the gentleman above Mr Olivier Pierre wrote the above review purely in order to cause as much damage and offence as possible. The sad fact is the account above is so inaccurate when we took the matter up with him, he completely denied that he wrote it and seemed incredibly sheepish and embarrassed that we challenged him. I feel it’s important to make everyone who reads the review above that Mr Pierre was a prickly sort of character and also quite pushy and had a series of endless requests and demands regarding furniture re-painting, kitchen utensils etc, etc, it’s also important to know that Mr Pierre was unemployed and his partner/flat would have been paying most if not all the rent and costs, I got the feeling he was used to making lots of demands on others since the cost would never be met by him!
Mr Pierre makes the following claims: (1) The agent seems nice and polite but very casually presented. LIE. All Relocate Me staff are required to wear shoes shirt, trousers and on occasion an tie, that is a required for all lettings agents Monday to Saturday. Mr Pierre interestingly enough was wearing a T-Shirt and rather tatty trousers and beaten up trainers.
(2) he wasn't sure what furniture’s were from the property or from the current tenants. LIE. The tenants owned most of the furniture except a couple of items, this was made clear to him. Mr Pierre wanted the agent to commit to providing furniture on the spot without agreement from the landlord, the agent told him he would revert back to him after speaking to the landlord.
(3) he didn't know the approx. council tax charges. LIE. Current tenants were students and didn’t pay council tax he was informed the council tax was between £1200 and £1500 per annum.
(4) wasn't sure about the water supplier LIE. This is an incredibly strange lie, everyone knows Thames Water are the only suppliers of water in London, it’s not possible to get another supplier, this again was made clear on the day.
(5) was very vague when I asked him who would be the first contact in case of any issues in the property.LIE. The landlord would deal with all maintenance issues as is the case in the other 17 flats in the building which we rent for the landlord. This again was made clear to him on the day, his confusion was probably due to the fact I told him, he could contact us if he had any problems reaching the landlord.
(6) He didn't reply straight away when I asked who would draw the contract either. LIE. Again another strange allegation, what does he actually mean? The response was immediate the landlord has a standard contract which are always used.
(7) The agent eventually found out that the only furniture’s provided by the landlady would be a sofa and 2 chairs…the flat was advertised as furnished! He say that I could ask for more furnitures anyway. LIE. He was told what was currently in the flat that the landlord owned, and if he wanted additional items to request them.
(8) Still, I didn't want to miss out on this flat and we arranged a meeting for the following day. When I arrived there, he said that he had spoken with the landlady and that the flat had been revalued and that she now wanted £500 per week. Not accurate. Mr Olivier Pierre contacted us to arrange a view for a two bedroom property, we arranged the viewing and Mr Olivier Pierre was very keen after seeing the property, I asked him to send through an offer in writing which he did, the offer was for the asking price so I was confident the deal would go through. We informed the landlord and subsequently arranged for Mr Olivier Pierre to come into the office and put down a holding fee. The landlord after speaking to Foxtons decided that she would like a higher price, she unfortunately for Mr Olivier Pierre only informed us of this decision 2-3 minutes before his arrival. I informed him of this unfortunate change and asked him if he would like to proceed at the higher price requested by the landlord, he didn't and was quite upset. I have no idea why he choose to believe that we deliberately mislead him. I can only assume he needed someone to blame and in a moment of anger and spite wrote the fictitious review above.
(9) Why didn't he call me before I went there? Well, more of the same really, just another demonstration of how I should've trusted my gut instinct and how first impressions should never be ignored. I covered this point above. (10) Edgy, dodgy, unprofessional, incompetent and A MUST-AVOID AGENCY. A quite unpleasant comment that directly contradicts his earlier point “The agent seems nice and polite” I also believe that there is a slight racial undertone to Mr Pierre’s comment above. Interestingly if I had to describe Mr Pierre (rather than his flat mates) I would describe him as Edgy, dodgy, unprofessional, unemployed and a MUST-AVOID Tenant…

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Relocate-Me Office 1! To leave a new review of Relocate-Me Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Relocate-Me Office 1