Sep 06,2012
Sep 06,2012
The most horrific and stressful experiences of my life has been dealing with Eaton Green. They are exceptionally obliging before you sign up and then this happens -

- During the tenancy there were consistent failures to respond to emails in a timely manner, every time I contacted them it would take 4 or so reminders to try and get a response. A number of times individuals were on "holiday" or out of the office. You would expect with a competent organisation that an Out of Office would be on, but no, and then when one of my emails was followed up with a phone call I did receive an out of office reply, 4 hours later.

- There were some on going issues that took months to fix, kept getting fobbed off and not informed when the person who was dealing with the issue was away or on holiday... again.

- As we checked out the flat was left in a spotless condition, however we are currently going through the TDS to try and recoup monies held back for cleaning the oven and bathroom. The evidence submitted by Eaton Green to the TDS contains an invoice from Libra Cleaning Services, unfortunately due to the unlimited nature of this company I can\'t check whether they are in fact related, but has anyone else had this used on them?

I will post here the outcome of the TDS dispute but at the moment I\'m feeling distinctly helpless and there is nothing I can do to prevent being screwed over. Once the case is adjudicated I will be getting in touch with the Property Ombudsmen to put in a formal complaint. I absolutely hate unfairness in the world and Eaton Green utilise their position to rip off unsuspecting tenants. Anyone who reads this and has been screwed over, do make the effort to complain, technically they have a code of conduct under ARLA to stick to, Eaton Green definitely do not and the only way things will change is by letting these organisations know about it.
By: richard
Sep 17, 2012
I have just received the report from the Tenancy Dispute Service and we have been awarded the full disputed amount in respect of deductions relating to cleaning charges and the check out fee. I'm happy to get the money but more happy to take it off Eaton Green.

With regards to the check out fee I assume this is standard on all their short tenancy agreements where at point 24.12 they state that the check out fee is paid by the Landlord but on their terms and conditions they say there will be a charge of £90 + VAT for the tenant.

The independent adjudicator commented -

"I must consider the contractual obligations the tenancy agreement places on the tenants and
the landlord in connection with the deposit (since the tenancy agreement is the contract that
governs the tenancy). In this instance I note that Clause 24.12 places an obligation on the
landlord, not the tenants to pay this fee. I therefore make no award to the landlord."
By: will
Sep 08, 2012
[[EDIT ORIGINAL START]]
you ' re absolutely right Richard, I know how you feelingl man!! I wish could be in touch with you. Because people need to be warned about this company and this company needs to be checked!! check my post :) WILL:) Mete Enver and Osman Cannur do not believe what they say to you!!! STAY AWAY FROM THESE CORRUPT, INCOMPETENT CROOKS!
[[EDIT ORIGINAL END]]

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Eaton Green Estate Agents Camberwell! To leave a new review of Eaton Green Estate Agents Camberwell, please click the link below !
Write a review for Eaton Green Estate Agents Camberwell