Sep 06,2012
Sep 06,2012
I\'m afraid that our experiences of the Property Management Team mirror those of Anon (see a few reviews down), except we are tenants. The contractor that they send does the absolute minimum possible (or they instruct him to do so) and has failed to turn up on 2 occasions (knowing nothing of the appointments) at great inconvenience to ourselves, the customer service is patchy, slow and unapologetic and we are still chasing to obtain documents and get basic work done which should have been sorted out at the start of the tenancy and picked up by the check-out company/clerk (with whom I believe they should be having serious words). We seem to spend the majority of our time chasing for things which should already have been sorted out.

We\'re already on our third "Property Manager" but fortunately, the latest person is much more polite, communicative and, more importantly, apologetic!

This is not an attack on the individuals that we have dealt with as there certainly has been no malice as such, but sometimes a lack of communication or acknowledgement is just as bad and certainly more frustrating.

The Lettings Team were great and didn\'t set us up for what was to come. The Property Management Team needs serious review. If their workload is just too high, then they clearly need to employ more people. Or perhaps Streets Ahead should stick to selling properties and making tenant-landlord introductions?

I notice that the company partners or managers tend to reply to negative reviews, which is nice, but the last thing we want to do now is sit down and talk about how displeased we are when we just want basic things to get sorted out that should have been ages ago.

1) Would we sign up for another year at our property with Streets Ahead? Without a serious improvement in customer service (which we are hoping to receive from our new Property Manager) and "management" of the property, then it\'s very unlikely. We feel like we\'re giving money to people that don\'t particularly value our custom.

2) We will be looking to buy a property in the not too distant future. Would we consider buying through Streets Ahead? Extremely unlikely.

Sadly, I suspect that the bar is set pretty low when it comes to what a tenant should expect...
By: Gary O'Hare
Sep 08, 2012
On behalf of Streets Ahead we take this type of complaint very seriously.
We regulary check our contractors service levels and on this occasion these have clearly fallen to an unacceptable level and for this I apologise.
I have taken on board your comments with regards to the communication and staff levels and although we are recruiting more property managers you should not have recieved a "Patchy" service.
It is my policy to visit any customers at their convenience to discuss any area's of concerns that they may have, however, I note from your comments that is not what you require.
If you would like to email me at briefly outlining the issues you have raised I will deal with these internally and refund your fee's as a gesture of goodwill without delay.
Once again please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of Streets Ahead.
Gary O'Hare.
By: Ann Other
Sep 06, 2012
In addition - I thought lettings Agencies were meant to make life more easy and safeguard you from issues that can arise through using private landlords - after all, you do pay a fee. In reality, and after our experiences here (gas safety certificate was forgotten until I chased it!), I can see that they are simply and purely a middle-man and a bottle neck, standing in the way of getting things done quickly and correctly (and sometimes legally). It works out perfectly for the landlord who can rest assured knowing that the property is occupied and the agency who get their cut. Quite honestly, it would have been better and less frustrating carrying out the works myself or getting in touch directly with the contractors.

Write a review for Streets Ahead Crystal Palace Branch