Sep 04,2012
Sep 04,2012
How do you fancy being fleeced out of £500??
After a promising start - what a let down! I can\'t deny that Frosts did their job, they sold my house pretty quick and Vanessa in the post sale account management department was superb. However, the treatment I received from all three of the directors was appalling.
After one of the partners visited my wife with the T+C\'s for agreement of the sale he failed to make it clear that there would be a charge for not having an advertising board erected outside my house. My wife made it very clear that we didn\'t want one which was a good chance for Frosts to mention this charge. The charge was a HUGE £500!!! We only found out about the charge after completion upon receiving our invoice. In these tough times when you\'re counting every penny you don\'t expect tio be hit with a further £500 charge for something that you weren\'t even made aware of - HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL! I complained about this to the board of directors and received a very patronising letter, implying my wife was a liar......this just added fuel to the fire.
As mentioned above, Frosts did sell my house and for that I am grateful. What i\'m disgusted about is the arrogant, underhand attitude of the supposed \'big dogs\' in the company.
SUMMARY - anyone can sell your house but not everyone can provide a pleasureable service from educated, customer driven staff. STEER CLEAR OF FROSTS
The agent could have informed my wife of the charge when given the opportunity to discuss after my wife mentioned we didn\'t want an advertising board erected outside of our house.
By: Darryl
Sep 26, 2012
Dear Smith & Sons i dont feel your comment was fairly written as you may recall my response to your complaint which was;

Further to our conversation I have attached confirmation that our terms of business were signed by your wife on your behalf as an authorised person.

Additionally I have attached the confirmation letter sent on 4th May to you and your wife named ‘* Stage 1 - Marketing Update (Confirmation)’ This letter confirms that there is an additional charge of £500+ VAT for the absence of a Marketing Board, this is also described at point 9 within our terms of business, of which your wife was verbally informed that you had a right to read within 7 days and cancel the contract if they were not acceptable.

We do not want to end our relationship on a bad note and are willing to offer a reduction of this £500.00 charge to £250.00 plus VAT

Please confirm this is acceptable so we can re-issue a revised invoice to your solicitor.

I accept your offer of a reduced charge for the absent advertising board to £250 + VAT. Please issue a revised invoice accordingly. This will need to be sent to my solicitor today as we are due to complete tomorrow.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Frost Property Purley! To leave a new review of Frost Property Purley, please click the link below !
Write a review for Frost Property Purley