Sep 03,2012
Sep 03,2012
I bought my property from Atkinson McLeod in London about seven months ago. I decided, a couple of months back, to go on a long international holiday and let it out. Shopped around for a bit but in the end decided to stick with them to get my property fully managed. I was given a "deal" of 12% as I had originally bought the property from them (as opposed to their printed rate of 16% for a fully managed property).

The service was very, VERY friendly and personal, which is the most important thing for me. I don\'t like the cold "business like" persona that many businesses have these days, and the people I dealt with at Atkinson McLeod (Coralie Quick, Ed Gosling and George - letting agents, Richard Jennings - lettings manager, Ian Walton - Head of Property Management) all came across as genuine folks eager to help and sort things out for me. For example, Coralie is trying to get rid of an extra bed at my property by ringing up the council and Richard made a few phone calls to try to get someone to come around and purchase it. Ian contacted the accounts department on my behalf and got back with information on the NRL1 form (Non Resident Landlord 1 form for expat landlords - no income tax if the landlord lives abroad)

We got near the market rate as rent for my property. I have been told that References have been carried out properly and that a professional clean and inventory will be done after I leave the country (and the property is therefore vacant), before the tenants move in.

Am off on my holidays now and will write another review in six months time after I have had a chance to see how they live up to the great standards that they have now set for themselves.

In so far as my experience has been with them till now, I would highly recommend Atkinson McLeod as a friendly, personal company which, while not a big shark in the real estate market, gives the "human touch" to all dealings with them. I feel I can write to any of them via email and they will happily take it upon themselves to talk to each other and get my needs met. Full marks by my book!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Kennington! To leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Kennington, please click the link below !
Write a review for Atkinson McLeod Kennington