“Terrible...”

Oct 04,2018
By: 'Muz1'
Oct 04,2018
Do not use this agency for any kind of service.
Me and my wife moved to London and wanted to rent an apartment in Royal wharf. We selected an apartment posted by Johns&Co and what happened next was unbelievable and unheard of. We could have taken them to court if we had the time. It was a traumatizing experience for my wife especially.
We deposited the 500 pounds to take the apartment off the market and begin the referencing. After about a week of the deposit, the referencing went through (Goodlord) and we were ready to sign the contract and move in our new apartment(we had just moved to the UK and were staying at a friends place) when suddenly we were told by the agency that the landlord's mortgage didn't go through?!?! HOW COULD YOU ADVERTISE AND ACCEPT A RENT DEPOSIT ON A FLAT WHICH HASN'T BEEN EVEN SOLD YET?

Out of desperation as we were homeless and my wife's job was starting in a few days (she is a doctor at NHS) we were told that they would find another apartment in the building and we agreed to wait and didn't ask to get refunded.

Long story short, they kept delaying and delaying, lying to us constantly, telling us that the flat is being furnished for us etc, and finally one fine day they tell us the flat is Not available, leaving us in the dark again.

We finally went to another agent and got the flat booked and moved in 2 days. The whole process with Johns&co took 1 month and they held on to our deposit all this time, kept lying to us and never got the flat they promised.

I was surprised they refunded my 500 pounds back. I expected them to keep the money because they are con artists
Never got us the apartment. Kept our fees for a month
By: JOHNS&CO
Oct 04, 2018
Hello Muz1, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're sorry that your experience didn't match our usual standards and we'd really like to look into this further - please could you email info@johnsand.co with your contact details so we can investigate?

Johns & Co