Sep 01,2012
Sep 01,2012
The property was marketed quickly and viewings were arranged for prospective tenants within a very short space of time. However, the property is difficult to locate and the prospective tenants were not given details of how to find the property, resulting in me missing the first two viewings because they could not find the property and it was out of hours so could not ring the agents for direction. This was remedied after I raised the issue with white gates.
This is the first property I have let and I don\'t think it was explained well enough as the process was going through, what would be happening next and what time scales to expect etc. I feel like I had to make more phone calls to chase up and find out what was happening, than calls that were made to me keeping me updated. I a,so don\'t think that enough information was verbally given with regards to costs charged y whitegates for finding the tenants and setting the tenancy up, I was just advised of a 75% of first months rent as the fee, I wasn\'t told that there would be an additional fee for registering the tenancy or that VAT would be applied to the sum, and as a consequence I have not received the sumitro was expecting for the first month and have miscalculated my budget as a result. I appreciate that it is documented in the contract, but I think more information needs to be given when the verbally discussions are taking place.
I would not recommend Whitegatesto someone else, however, I would not advise someone not to use them,I am indifferent on the matter. I think that they could keep customers updated better and explain the processes better. They also need to be more transparent with regards to the extras that bump the costs up. However, as mentioned, property was marketed quickly and a let agreed quickly, which is a plus point. I may consider trying. Another agent next time to see how other agents compare in service.
By: Steven
Sep 02, 2012

Thank you, for your review.

We do try and give prospective tenants as much information as we can regarding the location of the property, including directions and full postal address, which is also e.mailed to them and we also have a to let board outside the property. I do appreciate some apartment developments can be difficult to access.

I am sorry, if you felt the process wasn't explained well enough to you.

All of our costs were explained on our meetings with you and they are documented in our lettings pack and terms of business.

We do charge for registering deposits on our let only and rent collection services, ensuring that all deposits are secure and administered correctly to protect the tenant and landlord.

I hope you are happy with your new tenant, and if we can be of any help or assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards, Steven Parkes

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Wolverhampton! To leave a new review of Whitegates Estate Agents Wolverhampton, please click the link below !
Write a review for Whitegates Estate Agents Wolverhampton