“Avoid at all costs!...”

Oct 01,2018
By: 'Juliap1978'
Oct 01,2018
Please don't make the same mistake that I (and it seems many others) did and choose to ignore all the negative reviews of Purplebricks. Blinded by the sales patter of my 'local property expert' and the low cost, I believed that Purplebricks would give me the same service as a traditional estate agent for less money. I was very wrong.
The 'local property experts' are in fact, sales people, who's aim is only to sign you up to their £849 'service' - once you have suceeded they are not interested one jot in selling your property.
As they let Right move do all the work, Purple bricks is just a facilitator, marketing your property but not actually selling it. Our home sat on Right move for 6 weeks with zero viewings, possibly down to the inflated selling price that our 'Property Expert' convinced us to start at. Or it could be down to the amateurish photographs he took.
The penny started to drop that this operation was not anything like a traditional agent when I received a 'courtesy call' from the main office in Solihull a few weeks in. At first, it seemed like she was genuinely interested in the fact that my house had no viewings yet. But actually, she wanted to pressure-sell me a premium listing for £125. After feeling like a complete mug, I chose to use a traditional agent to sell my property and had 6 viewings in the first week. They attempted to create a chain, gave us feedback on the eligibility of potential buyers. I.e everything you would expect from an estate agent.
We are £850 out of pocket with nothing to show for it. If you want to be ripped off, choose Purple Bricks. As the saying goes, buy cheap, buy twice.
You pay even if your house doesn't sell. They don't want it to sell quickly- you are more likely to buy their add one if your house stays on the market longer.

Purplebricks