1. showed us the property twice so that we could make up our mind.
2. moved as quickly as was possible. Particular mention needs to be made of the lady called Jayne at HO. She truly gave a ear and put in action.
Very landlord friendly and ante tenants. Not a pleasant experience talking to them. Pushy and rude - when all we were asking for was value for money and explanations to condition of the house.
1. Inventory report stated condition of several items as \'very clean\' or in \'very good condition\', when visible water marks, leaks, stains, rips, dents and chips were evident.
2. Refused to make some basic changes in tight agreement conditions eg: only 4 residents allowed in a 5 bed house! If more family members were allowed, landlord permission was required.
3. Dont entertain rent negotiation as their fee s a % or multiple of the rent. We suspect, they dont even go back to landlord to ask if the offer price is acceptable to them.
Overall, not very trustworthy from tenant viewpoint. Would double check everything if I approach them as tenant.
What agent could do to change your mind?
1. Should be proactive in understanding tenant client needs and recommend properties meeting requirements.
2. Should record and listen to their conversations with tenant clients to see why tenants think they are landlord friendly and ante tenants.