Aug 30,2012
Aug 30,2012
Initially things went well with the sale, and I got offers fairly quickly. Then Suzanne went off on maternity leave and things went rapidly downhill. They failed to pass on comments and queries from the buyer, and failed to clarify the date the buyer wanted to move by until it had passed.

As a result I was ripped off by the buyer for hundreds of pounds when she gazundered me at the last minute, to get back the money lost because her preferred date had passed. She did this because she was advised that she could get away with it and the agents did absolutely nothing to prevent this, in fact they argued that I should just accept it when I said that I wanted to pull out of the sale as the buyer was so unreasonable and I couldn\'t afford the loss.

When we got to the day of exchange the buyer was worried about my doing something to the flat because she knew she\'d taken loads of money from me that I wasn\'t responsible for. The estate agent told me she wanted to visit on the day of moving so she could keep an eye on things. I said this was totally unacceptable, and they passed that on to her. They then called back and asked me to let her in anyway, even though she had not asked for this, as they were worried on her behalf.

They caused a massive amount of unnecessary distress and upset by doing so, and I really felt that all along they were acting on behalf of the buyer, even though they charged me twice what any other estate agents would do, and four times what the solicitor charged. Really not worth the money at all. Appalling service, I still feel ripped off.
Communication was poor throughout, and advice given useless or non existent. I felt that all the time they acted in the interests of the buyer rather than mine, and they caused untold unnecessary distress by doing so. Every unreasonable request from the buyer was passed on to me as if it was the least I could do, and I was made to feel bad for refusing. They did not pass on vital information and almost caused the entire sale to fall through as I seriously considered refusing her insultingly low offer at the end, which I doubt she would have made had she been actively discouraged from doing so by the estate agent, as both her and my solicitor had advised her not to do it. All in all they made a massive cock-up of the entire sale and cost me loads of money, and then still charged a shockingly high fee for it, over 4 times what the solicitor charged, and at least he was qualified and competent.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Oval

(Oval Office/Branch)12 Clapham Road Lambeth, London