“Never Use athis Estate Agent...”

Aug 31,2018
By: 'Shaz'
Aug 31,2018
I rented a bungalow in Stanley Grove, Horwich,Bolton from a private Lanlord by name of John . Very pleasant gentleman and no agent involved when we rented this bungalow 2 years ago.
After 2 years we found our own house to buy therefore we gave our required notice . My wife is a very fussy cleaner at home so no need to say that we kept the house very very clean every day and we even do not let anyone to come to our house with their shoes on . We also looked after all the contents like it was 24 carrots gold and our own . We were told that we had to vacate the house by 29th of August. Because of our commitments to our new house we started to take all our belongings from 5 nights before our deadline and from 2 nights before we started scrubbing our rented bungalow room by room even though it was already clean but we wanted our lanlord to be pleasantly happy when he comes on the last day . We were waiting for him to come at 11am which was arranged beforehand but about 11.20m a lady without knocking came in and without introducing herself in a bad manner she said I came to collect the keys !!! Obviously I was surprised by her entrance and told her firstly people usually knock when they want to enter a house , secondly the first thing they say is HI and then they introduce themselves . She replied in a strange manner HI MY NAME IS KELLY AND I AM FROM REGENCY ESTATE , I replied by saying where is the lanlord ? She said he will be here in half and hour . I said can I see your ID then she took something and put it around her neck and said there you are , Happy and she started looking around and she came back and said I am afraid the house is not clean enough and we can not release your deposit !!! I said what do you mean ? She replied look there is dirt on skirting board and I looked closely and spotted a little bit of dust about an inch which must have got there when we hoovered the room . After she said there is hair inside the toilet, I looked and she was right there was a long hair which was belong to me and it must have fallen from my head when I used the toilet before she arrived . I said excuse me why don't you say wow everything is sparkling clean , my wife until 2.30 last night she scrubbed every where and she spent a lot of time cleaning and bleaching the already clean bathroom and that hair in the toilet is mine and it has got ther accidentally. I flushed the toilet and the hair gone and then she sarcastically said look there is a spot of toothpaste underneath the tap and she went to our bedroom and more nick picking then she went to the kitchen and opened the very old fridge and split the rubber seal around its door and said there is a bit of dirt here ,she was becoming more arrogant, rude and very annoying by seconds . After she finished her search and she couldn't find any damage or even a scratch on walls or carpets etc she turned round and said again that I have to cease your deposit and you have less than half and hour to leave the property and give the keys now . I said to myself enough is enough this lady has come with bad intentions from the start , she didn't knock , she said no Hi or introduce herself and the first thing she said can I have the keys , specially to the tenants that not even one day behind with their rent and kept the house very well during the 2 years of stay and she was behaving as we were some kind of criminals , I turned round and said I don't have half an hour to leave , it is you that you have to leave now . She said you can't talk to me like that and I said I have nothing more to say to you and for a final time leave my house now . She said if you want to be like that I will call the police and I replied please call the police and I will ask them to get this strange intruder out of my house . I only want to speak with the lanlord because I rented the house from him and not any agent .
Be very careful with this REGENCY ESTATES, they are very unprofessional and all they are after is to rip you off and accuse you of the things that is not within your personality and I do not recommend to let a house or buy a house from them because they will ruing your good reputation and they use their dirty tactics to lose your hard earned money , thank you very much for reading .
Regards
By: Neil Armstrong
Sep 08, 2018
Please note this review has been left for the wrong company!!!
We are Regency ESTATE AGENTS in NORTH DEVON and not the intended company Regency Eatates in BOLTON!

Regency Estates