“I hope you won't have any issues with your property...”

Aug 30,2018
By: 'KY'
Aug 30,2018
Summary: great sales people, TERRIBLE property management who is unhelpful - I hope you won't have any issues with the property that you have rented out.

Initial service - great! Once we were happy with the property which was shown and advice the agent of our circumstance where we would ideally like to move in ASAP. The contract was drawn up and finalise within a day. However the contract was given to us 45min- 1 hour at the end of the day in order to finalise everything and to move in on the weekend and I found out that my name was spelt incorrectly. To "speed up" the process, I was told to ignore this and they will correct this later. This should have been a tell tell sign of what is to come.

Aftermath of moving in:
- We had to chase for a copy of the contract with my name spelt propertly which took a good few days to finalise. It really should not have taken that long.
- Upon moving in, one of the taps in the bathroom was not working although the inventory report stated "in good working order". I am not sure if a tap is in "good working order" if you turn it on and it squirts water outwards by 1m and you look like you have wet yourself every single time you used it!! We reported this issue to the agent asap along with a video for which we either received radio silence from the property manager or the response was "sorry, cannot do anything unless we hear from the landlady for approval". It took 3 weeks for this to be fixed and only because we had the following issue:
- 2 weeks after we moved in, the drains got blocked. I give credit that they have sent someone out to the apartment within 2 hours of reporting the issue. However, the apartment was not usable for 5 days due to this issue. We would be told that someone will be coming to fix the issue with an undisclosed time but would receive an email at the end of the day telling us that the plumber had other emergencies to attend to and will come tomorrow. We were not very happy to be paying a whole week of rent when we could barely live in the apartment (the whole kitchen was out of order). The tap was only fixed because of this issue and without this issue, who knows when it would have been fixed.
- Upon check in, we were given one set of keys where we were told that we should go and get 2 sets cut for the other 2 occupants. Upon providing them with a receipt, we are still waiting for reimbursement 3 months later.
- Unpaid gas and electricity bill: we have received letters from the previous G&E supplier stating that there are outstanding payments for the period prior to us moving in. Upon passing these to the property manager, not only did we receive radio silence from the property manager, we kept on receiving these letters along with a letter from a debt collection agency stating that we needed to pay up. We have recently stopped receiving letters but that was after 2.5 months of constant receipt of letters.
- We had an issue with bed bugs in one of the bedroom. Please note that we are very clean people but we were given a mattress which states on the inventory report that there are a build up of yellow stains. The property manager refused to send a specialist when we reported this because we have only been in the property for 3 months and this was our issue. From my experience, end of tenancy cleaning does not include pest control and hence the duration of being at a property does not account for this issue. We had to folk out this costs ourselves and we are in the process of trying to receive an reimbursement from the agent.

As you can see, it has only been 3-4 months since we have moved in and this property has caused us quite a bit of stress mainly due to the lack of responsiveness by the property management of this agency. I HOPE that ANYONE who ever rents a property with Chelsea Square would not have a problem with this property because NO ONE deserves to deal with this lack of service. Renting in London is not cheap by any means and we have never asked for anything out of the ordinary for the apartment so we don't understanding why we have been treated like we are making all the demands in the world. We are locked in with a 2 year lease and we really hope that no further problems will arise with this property.
Quite expensive