Aug 27,2012
Mortgage Broker
Aug 27,2012
Connells at Between Towns Road in Oxford were a nightmare. The Manager was bullying, agressive and dishonest. I found a house I wanted to buy, and I just wanted to port my existing mortgage (as I would have to pay a large penalty to leave it before time). The manager said I had to talk to their mortgage broker. He started taking down lots of personal information, I challenged him and he got very nasty. The manager and the mortgage broker in the same office lied that the seller would only sell to me if I took out a new mortgage with Connells! As if the seller would have any interest in that whatsoever. Needless to say, this was a scam and illegal.
The manager also tried to stop me from checking something about the house that his own seller\'s client\'s solicitor asked me to look into, when it was a legal requirement.

I would say that even if I found the house of my dreams I would never have any dealings with this bunch of crooks.

The agents I was selling my house with were great. They did actually express their disappointment at Connell\'s behaviour!
By: Paul
Sep 16, 2012
As the manager at this branch from Nov 2011, I would be keen to speak to you regarding your experience with my office. In particular who the manager was at that time (as I have never practiced such things that you have described) also which mortgage advisor was involved. The staff at the Cowley branch are committed to helping sellers and buyers in their house buying experience. Please contact me further to discuss....

Connells