Appalling management service from start to finish.
Problems encountered, in chronological order:
1) No keys on moving date, no inventory, flat in a disgusting state. Had to wait two additional days to move in, and pay for this!
2) No flushing toilet or running water in bathroom upon moving in. Had to wait a week for resolution as estate agents maintained it was not their problem. Only when advised that they had let a property that was unfit for habitation and I would get Health Department onto them did they rectify situation.
3) Error in setting up direct debit (from THEIR side). They emailed me on Dec 27th ashking if I could get to a bank asap to arrange authorisation of emergency transfer.
4) Constant emails and phone calls in the first few months of occupancy regarding items that the previous tenant had \'accidentally\' taken, and now needed storing in our flat again, thus they needed access to our flat.
5) Further issues with hot water and heating, which took a full 6 months to address. Again, only when presented with the fact that their system was illegal did they rectify. This was despite their own plumber telling me in the first week that the system was no longer allowed and we should raise it with the agents.
6) Maintenance issues such as a leak in the roof that ended with a part of the plaster ceiling falling through - never attended to despite several reports to the agents that it was worsening.
7) Terrible customer service throughout the problems. During one round of maintenance issues I was told that Kathy was \'too busy to read all her emails, and that if there was something that actually needed action then I should call her office and notify her that she should read her emails...\'
8) Unsuprisingly, we left the property at the earliest possible date. This too was fraught with problems. On virtually every occasion either the the prospective tenants arrived and the agent didn\'t, meaning we had to conduct viewings ourselves, or the agent phoned to say could he do a viewing in 5 minutes as he was already downstairs.
9) Exit inventory not performed until chased repeatedly by us.
10) Incoming tenants requested an earlier moving date, which we complied with just to get out. They then pulled out, and we were not informed until the day before we were due to move - far too late to alter our plans.
11) Our deposit, despite being in the deposit protection scheme, was accessed by MBM WITHOUT our consent and utilised.
Awful, appalling, shockingly bad company. I have dealt with many estate agents over the years, and sadly, the majority can barely be described as even adequate, but MBM Ringley has plumbed new depths with their property, and specifically, their management. In fact, management would be far too professional a term to apply to these people. Incompetent, rude, lazy, unprofessional and discourteous.
NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY. Rating: terrible. Score 0/10 for all aspects of their \'service\'.