Extremely bad experience dealing with this agency when I rented a managed property from them in Wembley Park.
1. Viewing was arranged with the agent on Tuesday. We visited the house, met the landlord there and discussed the furniture needed. I agreed to let the property and deposited hoarding deposit with agent with an agreed date of move-in on coming Saturday.
2. On Saturday, I called the agent in the morning to confirm the time for my arrival. Since my agent was busy on another call, I asked the other agent to inform him. I arrived at the Agent\'s office at the stipulated time and found him occupied with others. I waited for minutes on and on but I was not attended to. In between, the agent came with the contract copy and asked me to read and start initialing on each page. I asked him how can I sign before seeing the property readiness. The agent told me that he has checked everything and everything is fit and proper. He asked me to sign taking his word. I had to grudgingly sign it. Agent came back after I have signed, took the deposit and rent advance, handed me the keys and asked me to move in.
3. When I moved in, I had a rude shock. The house wasn\'t clean. The kitchen was particularly bad. In the sink, dirty containers of previous occupant were lying around. In the fridge and cupboards. food articles were there. A washing machine had been fitted there previous day and signs of fitting activity were all over the place in form of equipment, debris etc.
4. The bed I ordered had been haphazardly placed in the bedroom. The new wardrobe wasn\'t there. Bathtub didn\'t have a stopper and the bathroom door didn\'t latch. It was clear that the agent had not bothered to check the things in order before asking me to move in.
5. Worse was in store for me when I complained about these issue to the agent. First, I was told that these were trivial issues to be brought to them and I should take care of these myself. Next, the agent put blame on landlord and the builder who fixed washing machine. In the e-mail reply to me, agent noted that "We are an estate agency, not an inventory company". Then, he asked me to give a list of issues which he will try to get addressed with no firm commitment and dates. About wardrobe, he told me that landlord forgot to order it and he has ordered that.
6. Next day I went to collect the copy of inventory from the agent which was verified by a third-party. The inventory had it written all over the place that the property needed thorough cleaning in all areas. Surprisingly, it didn\'t check whether heating was working.
7. A day later, I went to agent to inform him that the heating system wasn\'t working and some radiator controls were not working and I was feeling inconvenienced. He informed me that he will arrange a check next day which will take care of heating and all other issues.
8. When I came back home, nothing had been addressed. Since it was late evening, the office was closed and I couldn\'t contact agent. Next day i.e. today, I had been trying office number since morning with no response. I checked with Wembley office and was told that Wembley Park office is closed today. When I told the Wembley office staff about the heating issue, he responded that he can\'t do anything since both offices are independent. He asked me if I had been provided any emergency number which I wasn\'t. Wembley office staff told me that in such a case nothing can be done and I have to suffer till Tuesday when office opens.
9. I went to Wembley Park office and found it closed. They had put a notice to this effect with an emergency number. I dialed that number and found that it is an incorrect number!!! heights of insincerity by this office.
If no action is taken by today, I am forced to take legal action on the agency for all the inconvenience caused and deficient service.