“SCAMMERS NOT LANDORDS...”

Aug 25,2018
By: 'Fridah :)'
Aug 25,2018
These people tried to scam me out of £440!!! They deserve a 0 rating. They messed up my documents that said I didn't pay the first payment. I continuously gave them copies of my bank saying they took the money out. They sent me a letter saying they'll take me to COURT! only to cancel and the case and not let me know. Had to file an official complaint in which a few days later they magically found my payment and everything was dropped?!
I had MICHELLE come show people around for a viewing in which she stopped and started shouting at me telling me I need to pay or she'll take me to court? How's this professional??!

First of all take pictures of when you moved in before unpacking? Cos you'll need them as evidence. They will charge you for cleaning no matter what and marks on the wall. They say it's to make the place look new again but they just pocket the money. Money grabbing thieves! should use the money you steal to fix your bad attitudes and show some compassion!

UPDATE: since you can't reply to the owner response... The owner is part of the company and are paid to come on here and argue, where as we tenant have lived and dealt with these people! I provided bank details and everything. The payment was in my name cos they found it just after I filed an official complaint, so if it went missing IT WAS THEIR FAULT!!!. I never ignored their calls or emails, I had to go to uni for help so someone there was dealing with it and taking legal steps. I was being harassed constantly. When they called they would not listen to me but keep shouting and MICHELE DID COME AND SHOUT AT ME! I HAVE WITNESSES! And if you scroll down the reviews, you will see people complaining about her. If she didn't work in finance then why was the whole company discussing my case?? Why was she getting involved?? Where is the confidentiality?! Because you just want the money!
And when I sent them photographic evidence they say they didn't accept them. Take pictures and take it to them and make them sign it. Every payment, get a receipt! And I stand by what I said MONEY GRABBING THIEVES (I could have used worst words)

^ this is from my Google review. Their response was in the attack!
Bad
By: Fridah
Mar 19, 2019
All my documents were under my name. I provided them with details including letters from the bank, bank statements and even had a meeting with the bank to a point where they had to call West Manor themselves and explain that the money had come from my account and did not bounce!
nI responded to every email and call but I was constantly getting shouted at over the phone (no customer service whatsoever) and they didn't want to listen. It got to a point where when they called I had to call the person working with me to take legal steps to solve to contact them instead of the harnessing me. It was causing me so much stress and I should have sued for distress!
nTherefore, there is no reason for them to have tried to send me to court, or not been able to find my details. As I may add - they found my details when it was time for me to file a formal complaint with a timeline. Which if they did their job, they would have found it because it was under my name!
nGreat point, Michelle is in lettings so which confirms that there is no confidentiality as my information (financial and other) was being discussed with anyone in that established. Another case to sue you for. I have all the emails I have responded to, all my letters and visits to the banks to prove that I paid the money and Westmanor do not have a system in which they lost or misplaced my details but continued to harness and intimidate me for money for their lack of work ethic. As noone has taken the time to acknowledge their mistake but continuously accusing me of lying, even after they mysteriously find my 'non existent' details, expect legal action soon! Thanks
By: Westmanor Student Living
Feb 06, 2019
Good afternoon, We are unable to provide a more detailed response as I am unaware of the accommodation you have been staying in. To respond to the points made; All payments made to Westmanor should have your name as a reference as well as the accommodation you are staying in. If this was not done by you or your bank it would be impossible for Westmanor to allocate this payment to you. This we are sure you will agree Westmanor cannot take responsibility for. We can also confirm that court action would have only been taken if all methods of communication have been ignored by yourself. Telephone calls (to you and your guarantor where applicable), emails and letters are sent well in advance of any court proceedings therefore again Westmanor cannot be held responsible for your lack of response. If your details had indeed changed (for example your email no longer in use) then it is your responsibility to inform Westmanor. Michele has worked for Westmanor for many years and we have never received a complaint about her shouting at tenants regarding rent, given the fact Michele works in the lettings department and not finance this seems unrealistic. Finally if you are disappointed in your deposit refund/charges you can of course contact the office directly who will be more than willing to go through these with you. Photographic evidence is always available to you and the TDS as this is something we are required to do should such disputes occur. Inventories are put in place for tenants to ensure they are happy with the accommodation upon arrival. Any damages during your stay will of course be charged for, any wear and tear is always taken into consideration. If you have damaged items during your stay this is your responsibility and not the landlords. Kind Regards, Westmanor Student Living

Westmanor Student Living