Aug 25,2012
Aug 25,2012
Our first contact was with Carrie Mooney, a delightful, confidence inspiring young lady. Following her visit we decided to use Townends. Unfortunately Ms Mooney moved to another branch soon after that and following her move the various people from the Englefield Green branch were hugely disapointing. Early on, one young man strongly told me only 4 bullet points about the property could be used on material about the property until his associate corrected him. The house sold quickly (prior to being advertised) to a couple, who were delivered to our door and we dealt with. After Ms Mooney left, there was no single person to deal with at Englefield Green and a few times \'phone calls were taken by someone who stated that they were "in lettings" and couldn\'t help but "someone would call me back". Several times there was no return call. Getting any information about the progression of the sale was a struggle or non-existent. I requested the buyers \'phone number and was told that due to data protection this could not be given, I suggested that the buyer be contacted and asked if I could have his number or to give him my numbers. Nothing happened regarding this until, almost 2 weeks later, the buyer turned up on my doorstep as he\'d had exactly the same experience regarding my \'phone number and wanted to speak to me. Dealing with Townends was not a pleasant experience and we feel that we did more work than them. We paid their fee of 1% + vat, totalling over £4044, as we had contracted to do. Worst value for money ever experienced. An apology and refund would be in order.
Apologise and refund monies paid. If you have problems staffing a branch, ensure that your clients are catered for in the manner expected.
By: Townends Estate Agents
Aug 28, 2012
Dear John

I am genuinely disappointed to read your comment and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate the difficulties you have experienced with Townends in Englefield Green.

In order for me to do this, there is additional information such as the address of the property that I will need and I would ask that you contact me at your earliest convenience by email to

Kind Regards

Ros Howard
PA to Sales Director

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Englefield Green Branch! To leave a new review of Townends Englefield Green Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Englefield Green Branch