“Horrendous....”

Aug 24,2018
By: 'Caitlin'
Aug 24,2018
I have lived with X1 for the past year and can safely say they are the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Upon moving, there were already issues with the room, for example a dirty mattress and broken wardrobe which wasn't a good start. After living there for just a couple of months, problems began. For example, there are about 5 washing machines and 4 tumble dryers in the communal washing area that hundreds of students have to share. At least one of these machines would be broken every single time but nothing was ever done about it in a hurry because we obviously don't matter. By Christmas time, myself and my 6 other flat mates were left without an oven for 5 weeks straight because they 'ordered the wrong one' and then conveniently went on their little Christmas holiday leaving us without anything, not even an apology. When complaining about this and telling them how unhappy we're were that we're paying £130 a week to not even have an oven and that we wanted at least a weeks worth of rent refunded we were told there was nothing that could be done that was their policy. We were also told 'well you have a microwave'... on top of that the lift was broken for 3 weeks at one time, baring in mind we lived on the 6th floor which made it extremely difficult to do washing, shopping etc. Again their excuse was 'were waiting for a part' blah blah. No real apology. We also got dumped with a random German man living with us who moved in early hours of the morning without any notice what so ever, not even asking if this would be okay or cause any issues. We now had to adjust living with a complete stranger, many years older than us. When he moved out a couple of months later, they decided once wasn't enough and moved another girl in despite her already being kicked out of a flat in the other block due to bad behaviour, without any word of warning again. From the moment she moved in we had issues such a sense parties getting out of hand, strangers sneaking into rooms and the worst was money, food and belongings being stolen from our own flat. We complained and complained and they did absolutely nothing about this. Also, the fire alarms were never tested throughout the year. My friend said she heard them twice but I never did. We never had a fire drill or were told what to do in the event of a fire, where to evacuate to etc. Which I'm pretty sure is illegal as every other halls of residence doesn't this! It's not even safe to live there. There are so many other issues myself and my flat mates have had with X1 but this would be even longer than it already is. My final complaint is that we have all just been refunded our deposits of £150 however but none of us have actually received that amount of course! I have been charged £20 for '6 bin bags worth of belongings' being taken down from the kitchen which I can tell you none of which were mine as I moved everything out that I owned. I wasn't leaving anything for them to throw out. My flat mates have also not been charged for these bin bags so just me when we all moved out at the same time and they wouldn't know who's belongings they were? Sounds like they're just trying to charge me for something, anything! My flat mates have been charged for broken chairs/ wardrobes which were reported at the very start of the year as damaged so that this wouldn't happen but of course it has because X1 want to rinse you of money! They are disgusting, and the staff are awful. They don't want to help you at all they just ignore emails and hope you'll go away. Please please please don't live with X1 unless you want to lose all your money and be treated like shit :)
Bad.
By: Charlotte Hulme
Sep 10, 2018
Hi Caitlin.
We have read your review and are very sorry that you are disappointed in the service that you received from X1 Lettings. We are committed to providing a high level of customer service and I am sorry that on this occasion this has been unsatisfactory. I will now be looking into your review in more detail to find out where we went wrong. If you would like to contact a member of the team directly please email charlotte@x1management.com.
Many Thanks