“Terrible - Avoid...”

Aug 22,2018
By: 'Matt Holmes'
Aug 22,2018
Horrendous service, AVOID I was sold the idea of going to the investor route not the open market by Sarah as they were looking for properties actively in our area and they wouldn't need to come and take photos or get a description as they could use the last one from my previous estate agent as it was only going to investors not the open market???!! (Had just come off the market due to both me and my partner launching new businesses and didn't want the extra hassle of viewings/photos/measurements etc)
Once I finally agreed I was recommended and they tried to push me to take the finance option even though I wanted to pay up front to get the money back guarantee, I was called 2-3 times daily to get payment for around a week (busy with my business so unable to take calls during the day which I had already told them) I finally paid and was told someone would be in touch, 3 weeks passed with no contact at all, I called to find out what was happening as had had a call from a photographer randomly saying he was wanting to come over on behalf of bettermove to take photos (which I had been told wasn't needed??!) They told me they were waiting for the feedback from rightmove, clicks, enquiries etc (They put in on for £10k over what it was on for a couple of week before with the last agent?!?) I was then told I was missing out on a large portion of the market and really ought to leave it on there and the reason for the call from the photographer was because my last agent had seen THEIR photos being used without consent and reported/complained!!....I explained the above details of the package I was sold and after me getting quite frustrated they agreed to take it down straight away. The whole pitch they gave me was investor for rental instead of open market, passed pillar to post between offices not communicating or knowing what was going on, I have had minimal contact from them apart from an offer of over £50k UNDER what the property was listed for, I had already told them when signing up that I would not be taking/entertaining or wanting offers below asking price, on reply they ignored at least 3 points/questions in my reply to the offer email and just said they were going to try to negotiate a "better offer with the investor who had offered" I've had a handful (less than 5) calls since initially complaining, I requested a full refund as from the get go they have not upheld any part of their agreement, I have emails and logs written of calls and times, they refused and said I had to follow the complaints process, I have done this and on the 1st of August they acknowledged my complaint raised and that I would get a resolution/decision within 15 days, today is the 21st with no reply, I have sent a 2nd email in complaining as to the situation to receive an automated reply saying someone will be in touch in 5 days, that was on 19th so still time but my only option is the ombudsman or my solicitor now. Avoid at all costs, how they have a rating as high as they have is beyond me. Seems by the reviews on here the ombudsman is going to be busy with these guys!!!
Total rip off, zero value for money, if you bought a over the counter item and it performed as badly as they have you'd get an instant no quibble refund
By: Kevin Smith
Dec 07, 2018
I signed the online signature doc, lost all contact with them so cancelled when finally got through I was assured that all was finished including the financed fee. Roll on Aug 18 letters from honeycombe fun Ltd asking for £859, still at a total blank call centre have no info on me or my property, it has gone to the fin then property ombudsmen with still no written reply. Terrible administration service took the money then blanked me basically Dec 18 they still don't know who Iam or my property details communication is practically nil

BetterMove