Flatmates and I used Pinnacle Property to rent our first property. Absolutely appalling service, took complete advantage of our lack of knowledge. Service was terrible, didn\'t explain anything to us and pressured us into signing forms that we didn\'t understand properly. Tenancy agreement had tons of loopholes in it and the service was consistently rude. Our emails and phone calls were repeatedly ignored and fobbed off, and when we did speak to any of the workers they treated us with contempt, occasionally even laughing in our faces when we asked questions.
Our landlord was absolutely awful and we asked the agency to help deal with it, but they ignored us despite him breaking our contract repeatedly. At the end he tried to pressure us into paying him our deposit and the agent also tried to take advantage of us being young and unaware of the laws here into paying him, despite knowing that legally he would have had no chance of claiming back our deposit.
Overall- absolutely appalling service. Extremely upset about the way they dealt with us, so much so that I\'m taking the time to review them on multiple sites so people know not to use them. Their service was so bad I am surprised they are still in business. Although they may be cheaper than some letting agents, their service reflects and overall they actually aren\'t that cheap. DO NOT USE THEM.
Further detail of their horrible service:
1) Consistently told us we had deadlines in filling out our contracts when there were none. Simply wanted to process everything as quickly as possible, but told us that if we didn\'t fill them out in time we would lose the flat and never explained what we were singing. It wasn\'t true, and we had to go through unnecessary effort to do this.
2) Didn\'t explain the payments to us properly. I understand we should have done our own research regarding this, but it was our first rental property and we are international students. In the end we paid more than we thought we were.
3) Weren\'t helpful regarding our queries. Replied to our emails very vaguely, or directed us to other staff who didn\'t know our situation. Were treated very badly- in one particular phonecall I was transferred to someone who was extremely rude, laughed at my questions, had no idea why I had been transferred to her, told me she would get her manager to call me back and never did.
4) Continuing this point, I asked repeatedly if someone could call me back (and spoke to several members of staff regarding this) about the way our landlord was treating us- which was breaking the tenancy agreement- and emailed them several times in addition to this, and no one ever did. Pinnacle are only on the side of the landlord, even if they are doing something illegal.
5) At the end of our tenancy, the landlord trying to pressure us into paying him part of our deposit despite having done no damage to the flat. Everything he claimed was broken had been broken before. He had no inventory, nor a check-in and check-out meeting so he had absolutely no chance of getting our deposit if we went through a mediator, which both the landlord and agent knew, but they thought we would be ignorant of this because we are all international student. When I spoke to the agents, they tried to pressure us into paying him, and spoke extremely rudely to us. When I explained the situation, I was cut off and the agent dealing with us told me that she "frankly, didn\'t care" and that "we should be glad the landlord is only asking for such a little amount (£270)" and that "if we were smart we\'d deal with him privately, or else he\'ll claim £700 if we go through a third party" and that we\'d be "wasting our own time because it takes a really long time to get our deposit back when we go through a third party." Fortunately we did our research and went through a third party anyway, and the landlord dropped his case because clearly both the agent and the landlord knew they had no case to begin with-- they were trying to intimidate us into paying.
Overall, I\'m furious about the way we were treated. Their fees were not cheap, and the service we received was frankly disgusting. This has taught me to be careful with the way we deal with agents. Now using Life Residential which are far better; although they are a little more pricey the service we have received from them is very good. DO NOT USE PINNACLE PROPERTY.