“Would have been better living on the streets...”

Aug 08,2018
By: 'Crippling anxiety'
Aug 08,2018
This was the worst nightmare of housing. I do not have one positive thing to say about this company. When we moved in there was mouse droppings all in the cupboards and my room, as well as chicken bones which is utterly disgusting. There was a dead mouse on the 'living room' which even with pictures rs sent to the agency, they still said it didn't exist. Living there made me so ill. Nothing was cleaned before moving forward in, definately not the 'professional standard' promised in the contract. In the kitchen we could only use one utensil at a time (ie. Kettle, toaster, microwave, oven, big hob) otherwise the electricity to the rest of the house would cut out. Both of the showers would leak, the bathtub one would leak through the fire alarm like a tap. It took months to sort this out. The smaller shower would leak into the hallway below. There was a small toilet downstairs that we could never open because of massive lumps in the carpet. It smelt of shit and mould which when walking through the corridor to the kitchen was disgusting, and we couldn't even get to it to clean it. Mice ate through my cupboard. Cleaners they finally sent used my tea towel to clean off rust off the oven and mouse droppings and used my own products. After 6 months they finally sent someone to fix the leak in the showers. They sent us a bill and told us it was because we had the shower facing the wall - which wasn't the case. They sent us the bill a month after the due date so sent us a late fee also. The electricity or mouse problem never got sorted. Now we have moved out they are telling us we went nearly £2000 over our fair usage of electricity. There was only four of us in the house and we were really careful with electricity so this can't be right. Even so, they do not reply to emails, or if you call them they agree to things and soon as you put the phone down they pretend the conversation never happened. With emails they are so unprofessional, not even using punctuation, and are so incredibly rude. They have given me so much stress and panic attacks this year. Who knows if we will ever get our deposits back. We paid £370 each deposit. Only £370 in total went into the DPS deposit account, just over £1000 'missing'. It's a living nightmare. If you have any tips for getting our money back please say. Thanks for reading.
Bad, terribly expensive. They do nothing for it, do not reply to emails, phone them and they pretend the conversation never happened. Send them pics of dead mouse in the house and they say it doesn't exist.

StudentDigz