“ Shocking! List of poor experience... ”

Aug 05,2018
By: 'Sara H'
Aug 05,2018
I have recently advertised and hopefully sold my house with the Doncaster branch. I have experienced many difficulties and examples of a very poor organisation that I would like to bring to your attention. Due to the volume of concerns, I feel it best to bullet point them as a list.

- When arranging a the valuation with Whitegates, I had requested that all contact be made with me via email. This is my personal preference of communication. Whitegates insisted on having a mobile number so I provided that of my boyfriends. He has no financial commitment to my house.
He was contacted to organise the Valuation but was told that he would receive a phonecall to confirm the appointment. He did not receive this call so being the organised professionals that we are, we called your office to confirm.

-Whitegates then sent my contacts to the wrong email address. I again chased this up.

- When I signed the contracts via email, these were sent back to the address that I received them from. I did not hear anything about these contracts until I again contacted the office 4 days later. Hayley told me that she had not received the contract and asked me to email them directly to her. Again I did as requested but still did not hear anything from her. Again when I chased this up, this time putting in writing that I wanted to terminate any contract I had, Hayley then told me that she did in fact have the contracts but didn't realised.

Eventually the house was on the market.

- Next we get to the viewings. Despite a member of the team speaking to me several times on Friday to arrange a viewing for the following Tuesday (something I could not accommodate) the team decided to call the bf on the same day, whilst he was at work, to ask if he could accommodate the viewing of house. I can assure you that if either of us where able to accommodate a viewing then I would have informed them accordingly.

- Now, on Saturday afternoon, I looked at our 'Portal' and noticed that a viewing had been arranged for Monday. Neither the bf or I are aware of this viewing and neither of us can accommodate it. I submitted an email through the Portal to raise this concern on Saturday afternoon.
It is now Sunday evening and I have still not heard anything about the viewing tomorrow. I have spoken to a member of the team via your online 'chat' but Felicity was not able to help me and appeared to be more interested in selling me a property then helping me resolve this issue. I have also text and emailed Hayley asking for advise and support but it appears that she is out of the office until the 20th Aug. I therefore forwarded my email into your branch.
Tomorrow I leave for work at 7:30. If there is a viewing then noone will be able to access the property as they do not have a key and even if you could, there will be a dog in the property as I have not arranged for her to be elsewhere.

As I am sure you can tell from the above, it has not been a smooth experience with the Doncaster Branch. It is clear that the blame does not lie with a single person but unfortunately with what appears to be a very unorganised team of staff. If I did not think that my house will be very quick to sell, I would be using my 14 day 'cooling off' period and terminating my contract with the firm.

I will not use them again and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Whitegates Estate Agents