“ Disgusting... ”

Aug 04,2018
By: 'Charlotte'
Aug 04,2018
There are a number of issues I have brought to their attention, I will start from the least severe:

1. My light fitting broke one month into my tenancy, which I reported on the system in October. 3 months later I had it fixed. This was the main light meaning, had I not spent my own money on a lamp, I would have been in darkness.

2. Our front door was reported broken as soon as we moved in. Countless times they were told, through inspections, reporting it on the system and emails, and it did not get fixed until the DAY AFTER we moved out!! This was a huge security problem as anyone could have broken in through the back. We realised this and told them when we were all going to be away from the property (even more risk) yet they still did nothing.

3. The 'emergency line'. We had a flood in the kitchen from the washing machine, luckily we were in and managed to stop the flood before it got too dangerous, however there was still a massive amount of water. We followed the instructions and rang the emergency line THIRTY SEVEN TIMES with no answer. Then the next day they had the cheek to tell us that we may be liable because we didn't ring the emergency line.

4. We reported our freezer broken before Christmas, again via email, inspections and the reporting system because it was showing a temperature above zero. It took FIVE MONTHS to fix it! There is not a single excuse for this. This is standard health and safety. We wasted lots of money worth of food and even got sick from the food that had gone mouldy in the freezer. Only when we sent pictures of our mouldy food countless times did you do anything about it.

These issues, all reported on the system, were not in isolation. On many other occasion did we report things and nothing happen on their behalf, but these were the most severe.

Lewis Haughton Wills