...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

“ Putting tenant's (baby) life in danger... ”

Jul 31,2018
By: 'YC'
Jul 31,2018
We live in a 2-beds flat with our little baby girl who is 10 months old.

We have moved in this flat this April. We have been complaining about a HUGE Wardrobe full of books and landlord's personal stuff that belongs to Landlord. Before we moved in, landlord asked us to allow the wardrobe to stay. However, he DID NOT state that this wardrobe is FULL with his personal stuff and locked with 3 padlocks. We have notified the council about this situation. Council called us and said the landlord has no right to keep his personal stuff in the hallway. We demand Council to write us in written form so we can forward to the agent (Lauristons Kennington) but we haven't heard from the council ever since. Our reference number is 307892

We told the agent (Lauristons Kennington) even are willing to pay to remove it but the agent was threatening us that we have no right to remove landlord's item.

Yesterday when I was mopping the floor, we discover brown maggot falling out from the wardrobe. There were 5 of them I instantly used vacumm cleaner to those bugs. Now I am seriously concerned that my family's health and my baby's is not living in a suitable condition because of the unknown items hidden and locked in the wardrobe which belongs to the landlord.

We have written so many emails to the agent (who is acting on behalf of the landlord) they decide not to act on this.

Severe hazard and damage has been caused by this wardrobe.

Rashes my baby developed when we firstly moved in this flat. We treated her with sudocream for weeks. Then the rash disappeared.
This wardrobe belongs to the landlord and is locked. We can't possibly use this wardrobe and it's taking a space that we have paid for.
My baby is learning to crawl and try to stand up, the wardrobe is taking 1/3 of the hallway space, and losing 2 wheels it's tilting. I was trapped by the baby's buggy's belt (in folding position) because there are no place for me to place the buggy.
My baby could have been hurt by the tilting wardrobe.
Moving live bugs are moving under the wardrobe, discovered on 30th July 2018.

An overweight, suspicious, tilting wardrobe can severely endanger my baby's life as she will grab anything to try to stand up. Also, she will pick up the maggot and eat it. This is endangering my baby's life. Also, landlord has infringed our right as tenant by putting his personal stuff in a flat that we are paying rent for. Worst agent ever. Unprofessional and unethical.
Terrible service and unethical agent. They shouldn't be charging agent's fee as they are violating my right as tenants.
Attachments