Aug 19,2012
Aug 19,2012
Myself and my partner bought our first house through express estate agency. To say it was a stressful experience is an understatement. First of all, I was under the impression that the word express meant the seller was looking for a quicker than normal sale. After 3 unsuccessful bids, i received an email from express to advise the seller would not budge for any less than £5000 over the asking price! In this market, i think its fair to say he was being slightly unrealistic and I feel the express estate agency did not do their best to explain this to the seller and had set the asking price a bit high.

Another issue I had was the lack of communication between the company and my solicitor. I had a bit of a problem regarding the RBS system problems that went on in June 2012 which resulted in the home report going out of date before my mortgage was approved. The seller refused to pay for another so i forked out the £120 myself but I felt as though I was being bombarded with calls from the agent asking for updates in the application. Not once did she get in touch with my solicitor to check the progress and I feel this is quite unprofessional.

Overall I felt the customer service was a bit rubbish and did not feel personal at all.
By: Express Customer Care Team
Aug 24, 2012
We are genuinely sorry that you feel this way but the property was advertised at “offers in excess of” and whilst we give our professional advice on the market conditions we can only act on our clients instructions when passing any information on to a potential Buyer.

We had numerous conversations with all parties involved in the transaction including Solicitors acting for the Seller and Buyer. We take a highly pro-active approach in every sale to drive any sale through swiftly and efficiently.

Our client opted to use Express Estate Agency for a swift and efficient sale, your purchase was dependent on a mortgage so when we were advised that loan papers were outstanding we would of course follow this up with you, as we would with any Buyer.

Write a review for Express Estate Agency Head Office