Aug 18,2012
Aug 18,2012
Initially when we approached choices for the above mentioned property everything was absolutely fine. The same day we made our booking for the property and we agreed that we will move to this address on 4th August. We were promised by then the property would be professionally cleaned.

On 1st August I received a call from Choice and they made a request to provide them the advance money on 2nd instead of 4th. I didnt think it should be a problem but found that the agreement was made from 2nd of August instead of 4th August. We mentioned that, but Choice was not ready to change that. However we accepted as there was no choice left for us.

The disappointment started as soon as we made our advance and rent for the month of August and were ready to move in the property. We were told that a third party who are making the inventory will handover the key at the property. However no contact number given to us. We found the gentleman at the rear door of the property who handed over the keys and the inventory report and left. We found both of the keys are seriously faulty and we struggled to enter.

After a good 5 minutes struggle we managed to enter the property and with utter disbelief we found the property is a very dusty condition, with filthy dustbins and broken appliances.

We immediately contacted Matthew Hawkins about this. He was neither agree to the issues nor was ready to come and inspect the same.

The main security concerns were broken Gas hob knobs and faulty door locks. We raised our concerns but were told Choices Sutton office can not help and we were given property management number. From the day one I am struggling with Choices Property Management team till date for the below issues with none of them has been fixed yet -

1. Main door lock issue - security issue
2. Broken Hob Knob - a major health and safety concern as it is leaking the gas and can cause a major fire
3. Bathroom water pump is not working
Today I have written to their Managing Director with a hope he will escalate this matter and will help us to fix the issues.

We have cleaned the property ourselves over 2/3 days and I don\'t hope that Choice will not deduct money at the end of tenancy for professional cleaning, However I have mentioned in strongly in the inventory list.

The another bad experience with Choice that the lack of communications. We were told the property is in Band C but from council we got letter that the Band is D and the council tax is much more than we expected.

We were also not communicated about a monthly addition of GBP 50 with the rent as a rent guarantee (Our assumption was this is one time) which actually making the rent of the property 50 GBP extra and there is no communication whether this amount would be given back or not.
For any communication whenever we contact Choices office we have been routed to one and another department and after waiting for several minutes we get the same answer "Somebody is working on your issue. We will comeback to you" and nobody comes back after that.

With these all bad experiences over the period of last month I am seriously disappointed with the professionalism of Choice. Sorry to be harsh but this is the fact and the problems my family and myself facing everyday.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Choices Sutton! To leave a new review of Choices Sutton, please click the link below !
Write a review for Choices Sutton