Aug 17,2012
Aug 17,2012
After reading the other comments left about \'Derbys No1 Letting Agency\' I know feel we had a lucky escape!
Myself and my partner are currently looking for a new home within Derby city centre and arranged a viewing for a gorgeous property advertised with IMS. Knowing that interest in the property would be high due to its location and great presentation I was over the moon when I was able to secure the first viewing. We arrived to the viewing on time and the house as lovely as expected, so much so that we told the agent there and then that we would take it! The agent asked us to then go directly to their office on the market place to part £200 plus 50% of the deposit (the first of their many charges) whilst he showed the next gentleman waiting the property - on the understanding that we had taken the property. As I was due to start work my partner dropped me off on his way to the IMS office, both of us excited over the prospect of moving into our new home. Approximately 10 mins later I received a call from my partner informing me that we didn\'t have the property after all! The agent had shown the next gentleman around the property but not on the understanding that it was already let, in fact he informed this gentleman that if he wanted the house he would have to bet us to the office! Sadly he did, by all of a minute! My partner was laughed at and told it was a \'first come, first served\' policy but we could still fill out the paperwork - for the fee of £200 with no possibility of getting the house! Firstly, shocking customer service! We were first, we viewed it first and told the agent we would take it first, secondly how my partner kept his cool after being laughed at I do not know, I would not have been so calm or so well behaved! Lastly, asking us to still complete the paperwork was clearly just a way to get another £200 out of the sale!
Our search for our new home continues and under principle we are not even contemplating any properties under IMS lettings.
If you too are searching for a property at the moment, I really can not stress this enough DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY! Their fees are extortionate and to say we feel insulted by the way we were treated is an understatement!
By: Aftersales
Nov 20, 2013
Please provide IMS lettings with your name and address - your comments will be investigated and this review updated Thank you.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of IMS Lettings Ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of IMS Lettings Ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for IMS Lettings Ltd Office 1