Aug 17,2012
Aug 17,2012
I\'m the MD of a small Media company and we approached Brinkley\'s Estate Agents in Arthur Rd for a one-week let. The flat we were offered was great and the initial service was good. We asked for a full break down of costs, we were informed that the rental deposit is usually returned within a week and made payment in full on the same day.

The problems only came after we handed back the keys on the 1st of July 2012. We advised them that the keys were back, sent details of our account for the return of the deposit. Sadly it took weekly phone calls and emails and 6 weeks to get any of the money back, each time I was directed to Kati Butler who first informed us that we would need to pay an additional fee, only for \'short lets\', of £80 to have the flat inspected on top of initial rental fees. This inspection then took another 2 weeks to confirm and after this, we still had to chase daily and weekly often being miss informed and assured that some one would call back which never happened. When the balance was finally paid, I\'ve noticed further deductions have been made for items, which we do not know as yet. I\'m now 2 weeks into asking for receipts for the deductions and none have been forth coming, appart from being a legal requirment it\'s the final nail.
By: Katie Sharpes
Sep 01, 2012
As you had a check in for your property- that the landlord covered the costs- it is very normal procedure for the tenant to pay for the check out. I am sorry that you were never clearly explained this, and maybe we take it for granted that we assume tenants would know and realise this cost.
I believe you now have your required receipt- is there still an issue with the fees?

During the period where the money was delayed it was mainly due to the fact that the landlord was away on holiday, and we cannot release a deposit until we have this in writing from the landlord. She wanted to send a friend around the property to check the report, as soon as this was arranged- directly through the landlord, we were able to release the deposit funds over to you.

We try extremely hard to return money to clients as quickly as possible, but sometimes, the control of this is taken out of our hands as we have to have confirmation from landlords.
We have taken on board your comments in regards to responding quickly to clients, and I have followed it up with discussions in house with the staff- hopefully you will take some satisfaction that your comments have resulted in actions within the team.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Brinkley's Estate Agents Wimbledon Park! To leave a new review of Brinkley's Estate Agents Wimbledon Park, please click the link below !
Write a review for Brinkley's Estate Agents Wimbledon Park