“WORST ESTATE AGENT EVER!!!!!...”

Jul 10,2018
By: 'Frankie'
Jul 10,2018
Please please do not use Purple Bricks for property renting. We should have seen the warning signs from the very beginning. We were told to meet the inventory clerk at the new house we were renting at a certain time on a certain day. We go there on the specified day at the specified time to find that the inventory clerk had already been to the property and carried out the inspection without us being present. Apparently the house was 'cleaned to a good domestic standard'. Whoever made that judgment obviously lives in a pig sty themselves because the following day when we moved into the property we were met with the most disgusting, dirty, smelly house. The landlords of the property smoked excessively and we were told the house would have a full and thorough clean before we moved in, how wrong we were to believe such a statement. The house stank of smoke, had nicotine stains all over the walls, window sills, doors, everywhere. The carpets has fag burns in them, stains, smelt of cat wee, the floors were peeling up, the kitchen was disgustingly dirty, and the house in general HAD NOT had any sort of clean before we moved in. We were in a desperate situation as I was expecting our first baby so we did not have time to go through the motions of finding somewhere else therefore we hired a cleaner straight away to clean at our cost, we then spent over £1000 getting the house up to a livable standard. During our time there we had numerous maintenance issues which were reported to Purple Bricks and continuously ignored. There was a serious electrical issue with the lights upstairs which was never ever rectified. One of the lights downstairs exploded randomly (it wasn't even turned on) and glass flew everywhere, luckily my baby wasn't in her day cot at the time which was located underneath the light!!!! We had a burst pipe in the bathroom which flooded the kitchen below it and part of the living room, the boiler broke on numerous occasions leaving us with no hot water or heating. We experienced some extremely freezing weather whilst we lived there and as it started to warm up again, a crack began to develop in one of the double glazed windows, the list literally goes on and on. All of these issues which were out of our control were reported to Purple Bricks and ignored, they have to be continuously chased up on the phone to get anything done, they are rude, they have no empathy and are down right disrespectful. We had an account manager to begin with who suddenly became unreachable, we were then told he had left the business after about 20 phone calls trying to reach someone. We were then never allocated a new account manager. The girl who showed us around the property just wanted to get her commission and after I complained to her about the state of the property and how much we had done to it to bring it up to scratch, she basically told me it wasn't her fault, hung up on me and I never heard from her again. We have now moved out of the house, we had an end of tenancy clean carried out on the property before we left because we are respectful people who would never leave new tenants with a dirty house to move into. After all this Purple Bricks are now refusing to respond to my request for my deposit to be paid back to me. It has been over two weeks and when I called them they said that they were looking to claim against the deposit (seriously? I should be charging them for all the money I spent on making the property presentable!!!!) the person on the phone couldn't give me any more information and told me someone would call me back- 2 days later still no call back and I am not holding my breath for one either. We paid our rent in full and on time every month, improved the property ten fold and left in a spotlessly clean condition when we moved out and this is how we are repaid. I would highly recommend anybody NOT to ever get drawn in by these people, they are dishonest, they represent awful landlords, their communication is none existent and they are down right rude! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purplebricks