“Don't use PurpleBricks....”

Jun 20,2018
By: 'Jeremy Lovelock.'
Jun 20,2018
Where do I start?!? They trap you straight away, either pay up front (with no refunds whether they sell or not) or pay later but be trapped into using their overpriced solicitor. Property was on the market for two weeks before I noticed the 'estate agent' hadn't set the property up properly so it wasn't coming up in potential buyers searches. The property was on for several weeks and we only had one viewing from a person who was not in a suitable situation to buy our property, we then put our property on with a local estate agent, five viewings in a week and sold at full asking price with the local agent. I think it is unfair I have now had to pay two lots of estate agent fees as PurpleBricks did nothing but have had no response from them when I tried to raise the issue. It's very telling that for an online company it is very hard to find reviews on them (I.e. no google reviews), they obviously know the kind of service they offer. I have spoke to a few people related to the property market since and they have all said to never use PurpleBricks.
The house didn’t sell with PurpleBricks so I paid nearly £900 for nothing.
By: Sarah Lynn
Oct 09, 2018
Additionally Close Brothers are a complete bunch of scanners to. So it's from the frying pan into the fire, sometimes without your property being sold. AVOID
By: Jane Hewes
Jul 03, 2018
I was looking at a property with paddocks advertised. Needed to know acreage as I have horses and needed to know if the paddocks advertised were big enough for 3 horses. Kept emailing purple bricks asking for this info (which is normally given on any property details), all I kept getting back was an automated reply saying I had to arrange a viewing. A viewing would have been a complete waste of time for us and the buyer if the paddocks were not big enough, so I just gave up in the end!! Just needed a simple question answering. Don't know why it was such an issue!
By: Jeremy Lovelock
Jul 02, 2018
To give a update I have still had no further response from PurpleBricks so have sent another email and if it is not resolved I will look to get The Property Ombudsman involved. My biggest issue is that due to the location not being set up on the advert it basically sat stagnant for two weeks as it didn't come up on some search sites (including the PurpleBricks website). This to me is surely a breach of contract as they didn't do what they said they were going to (too busy cashing my cheque I imagine). Luckily I also have proof as I have texts from the PB ‘agent' admiting it was a mistake on his behalf.
By: Helen Fury
Jul 01, 2018
I find myself in the same situation, paid up front as I had total faith in Purple Bricks. 12 weeks and no viewers. I am going to contact a real estate agent.
By: Pete
Simple comment!!
No one tells you this!! Purple bricks will charge you £999 if your house is sold or not!!

Its as simple as that!!
They will charge you the fees, regardless if your house sells or not!!

Ask your purplebricks agents about this, and watch the silly answer they give you!!

They have also been on BBC
By: Peter
Simple comment!!

Its as simple as that!!
They will charge you the fees, regardless if your house sells or not!!

They have also been on BBC
By: Christian Strutt
Jun 26, 2018
These guys are complete scammers please avoid them like the plague. After taking about a week to get my property onto the market, they got practically zero viewings and the service was awful. So I cancelled the deal with them and they said this was fine no problem. What they didn't tell me was that there was small print in a contract they have with a company called Close Brothers, and now apparently I owe Close Brothers money, even though PurpleBricks cancelled the deal and said it was fine, with no mention of fees. This is a blatant scam do not deal with PurpleBricks.com under any circumstances
By: Farhad Poursadr
Jun 20, 2018
They are only interested in taking the money and once they get their money they do not do anything to sell your house why should they? they have their money, I strongly advice anyone not to use them as they are a rip off merchents.

Purplebricks