Sep 24,2009
Sep 24,2009
I have had the misfortune to deal with the Oval office of this sad excuse of a letting agent. They found tenants quickly to be fair, but after that nothing that they said would happen actually happened. The tenants signed the tenancy agreement a week later than we agreed which has cost me rent, they have charged me for services (check in, gas certificate, signing the tenancy agreement) that I said I did not need or want, they have hung on to my deposit for over 3 weeks now (7 days) and now they refuse to answer my emails or phone calls. Definitely one to avoid at all costs.
By: Ldlow Thompson Customer Services
Oct 23, 2009
Dear Brixton Landlord,

Thank-you for your full and frank feedback on the website. It is vital that LT have an understanding of the customers experience to ensure a good experience for tenant and landlord alike. The legal obligations of tenant, landlord and agent can be demanding and the implementation of these may on occasion cause delay as it did in this instance. However the proper provision of a gas safety certificate, the check in (for administration, protection and prevention of tenant disputes) and execution of a valid tenancy agreement are paramount. We aim to learn, act and execute new measures and systems to ensure such delays to a complicated process are minimised and in future we will request that the contractors employed carry out these provisions report back to us within a much swifter time frame to prevent move in delays. We understand the incorrectly charged fees have been returned and a compensatory gesture made.

Please let Ludlow Thompson know if there is anything further that we can do to help by emailing
By: Customer Services
Oct 07, 2009
Dear Brixton Landlord,
If you would like to contact we would be happy to look into the specifics of this case once we are aware of the property concerned. But please be assured if fees have been charged in error they will be returned as soon as possible. Kind regards
By: Walworth
Sep 25, 2009
The lack of replies to correspondence when things go wrong is a constant theme with Ludlow Thompson.

Does anyone have a phone number for Customer Services at Ludlow Thompson that they can post on here?

For what it's worth, I'm now complaining to the The Property Ombudsman ( about Ludlow Thompson. Reviewing the issues, I have three solid grounds for complaint. It's an Ombudsman service and you don't need a lawyer so costs are low. Others might wish to consider taking the same route.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Oval

(Oval Office/Branch)12 Clapham Road Lambeth, London