Sep 22,2009
Sep 22,2009
Ludlow Thompson are excellent at finding tenants.

Ludlow Thompson are excellent at making promises to both landlords and tenants to secure business. Of course, they don't keep these, but what does that matter once contracts are signed and they have got your money.

Unfortunately they and their outsource partners, Mainstay, are atrocious at everything else: property management, communication etc.

They have no published phone number for their Customer Services Team and insist that you e-mail. This would be OK if they replied to e-mails, but they don't.

As I say, Ludlow Thompson are great at finding tenants for properties and properties for tenants. However, if you are a landlord don't pay for full management. Letting Ludlow Thompson manage your property and paying for the privilege will cost you more time and money than if you did it yourself. If you are a tenant don't be taken in by them telling you that a property is under full management by them. Repairs will take longer than if you deal with any half competent landlord direct.

Ignore the positive comments on here. Obviously made by those who have used Ludlow Thompson to find a property only, or by landlords to find tenants only.

It's the service a company provide when there is a problem which is the real test. Not what happens when everything goes well. Ludlow Thompson simply don't perform outside their comfort zone.
By: Walworth
Nov 23, 2009
Thought I'd finally cast the curse of Ludlow Thompson and Mainstay. No, they have lost the keys (second time this has happened while I have been using them). Of course, I've now got to run around - my time and money - to get locks changed and keys cut.

Landlords and tenants beware. As well as showing no interest once they have your money, they also have no interest in your security.
By: Walworth
Oct 23, 2009
I have e-mailed and tried to phone you on a number of occasions but got no reply. Why should I expect it to be any different this time. No worries, property is to be vacated soon and I will not have to deal with Mainstay ever again (hallejuliah) as I it will be let with an agent who doesn't outsource property management in future.

12 years ago you were a good agency and did everything in house and staff knew the area and their jobs. Unfortunately over the past 8 years or so, your standards have slipped.

I'm still considering complaining to TPOS - but to be honest Mainstay's Renewals Team's ineptitude probably won't have cost me that much, and I'm just relieved not to have to deal with Mainstay and Ludlow Thompson again.
By: Customer Services
Oct 07, 2009
Dear Walworth
Thank you for your comments, we cannot categorically identify your property from this post however if you email we can look into details.
Kind regards

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Apex House! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Apex House, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Apex House