Download Property Smart Leader App
Aug 02,2012
By: 'Ethel'
Aug 02,2012
I\'m not sure which of the ladies working in this branch I spoke to, but whoever she is, she was very rude on the \'phone. I enquired about a property I was interested in renting through Felicity J Lord (a 3 bed house) and was then asked if I would be renting alone or with other tenants. I told her it would just be me renting the property. She seemed surprised and asked why I was renting such a big place. I explained that I was in a 1 bed at the moment and needed more space - I have my girlfriend to stay most nights and it\'s getting a bit cramped. Not that I need to justify it! She then said "well how much do you earn because we have a minimum salary requirement, this is an expensive property". I was outraged to be asked to reveal such personal information. I know I\'d have to at a later date if I took the property and that\'s fine - I recognise the need to show payslips etc - but this was supposed to be an initial chat to enquire about the property on their books!! She treated me like a timewaster and made me feel quite embarrased. My salary came short of their expectations which is fine, whatever. But I would have thought she might direct me to other properties that are cheaper. Nope, she couldn\'t get me off the \'phone quick enough. If she\'d only treated me with a little more seriousness and respect I would\'ve happily listened to what else they have to offer. It\'s not like I\'m a DSS tenant or earn a tiny salary - there would surely have been something suitable. But, whatever, they chose to lose out and I\'ll take my business elsewhere.

Felicity J Lord